Topics

hard drive

abdulah aga

   hi

I would like know if any one know what is name of cable to connect internal hard drive to computer.

I want to pool out internal hard rive from computer

and use as external hard rive.

to use as that

I need cable with USB and parts what going on in that hard drive.

if any know what is name of that cable please let me know.

thanks

Angelo Sonnesso

How old is the computer?

73 N2DYN Angelo

I would like know if any one know what is name of cable to connect internal hard drive to computer.

I want to pool out internal hard rive from computer

and use as external hard rive.

to use as that

I need cable with USB and parts what going on in that hard drive.

if any know what is name of that cable please let me know.

thanks

Howard Traxler

If you purchase a hard drive enclosure it will come with a cable to connect it to your USB port.  I have purchased enclosures from Amazon for my IDE drives now use them as external drives.  They work well but were rather tricky to configure.  I don't know if enclosures come with other types of interface.

Howard

On 11/20/2020 6:45 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:

How old is the computer?

73 N2DYN Angelo

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 08:40 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
I don't know if enclosures come with other types of interface.
-
They do.  SATA drive enclosures are far more common these days than IDE drive enclosures are.

There's really nothing to configure for them, either.  You plug your formerly internal drive in to the enclosure and then it behaves just like any other external USB drive.  They don't require external power supplies like many older, larger (as in physically larger, not capacity larger) IDE drives did.

        ~ Madonna