Has Anyone Tried The New NFL Plus App?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I know since the 2020 season that the old NFL Game Pass app was largely inaccessible. I know before 2020, I found it quite accessible once e you adjusted for the teams being represented by their abbreviations such as ATL = Atlanta Falcons, WSH = Washington Commanders and so on. I used to change these abbreviations in my screen reader dictionary to full names thus making navigation of the game listings much easier.  However in 2020, Game Pass became largely inaccessible

This year NFL is offering a revised version of NFL Game pass called NFL plus. It is also at a somewhat reduced yearly price from $99.99 for Game Pass to $79.99 for NFL Plus.

The big question is 'is this app any more accessible than the Game Pass app?'

Has anyone tried this app this year and if so, is it accessible at all?

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

Michael Mote

I have, and it sucks. The streams do not play consistently. Once I was
able to get into a game, I could not find a way to get out of it and
move to another game. Very sad that the league who is the most
popular, and has more money than God can't put together a better app
than they do. In my humble opinion, the NFL and NBA apps are the worst
sports apps out there as far as accessibility goes. MLB isn't a lot
better, but you can still find the streams for audio broadcasts.

On 8/13/22, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
[...]

For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to
cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

Charles Adkins

Well, congrats, you got farther along than I did. Using my Iphone I couldn't even get a stream to play, but honestly I didn't spend tons of time on it. It is ridiculous they can't make it beter. I've even noticed a usually very accessible mlb app has been acting strange for about a week or too. On my end, works ok until I try to go to a different game, then it brings me to an old pre-season schedule. You know what they say, "if its not broke break it" lol!!!

On Aug 15, 2022, at 9:24 AM, Michael Mote <miketmote73@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Michael,

I find the MLB App to be very accessible. What is it about that app that you don't find accessible?  Using the iPhone, I launch the app, swipe down a few times to the MLB audio button, double tap, I get a listing of games and without anything playing, just before the listing of current live games, it says: 'no feed selected.' Then when I double tap on the game of my choice, the stream starts playing.  I choose a preferred team (the New York Tankies--oopse I mean the New York Yankees) and when I choose their game, the home feed loads automatically. I wish the NFL app was as good. I would have no problems at all.

As far as the NFL itself, there is supposed to be an disability/accessibility phone number, but when you call it, you get a 'number not in service' message.  Also, when you contact them via e-mail at accessibility@..., they never return the post.

I even called the NFL headquarters and got the voice mail of one of the assistant coordinators or something and left a detailed message on his voice mail: no response at all.

What a bunch of bums!

On 8/15/2022 9:24 AM, Michael Mote wrote:
[...]

Hi Charles,

I never have the issue using the iPhone app with changing games.  I like to listen to the feed of the team that is up to bat when I am listening to teams I am not as interested in as I am the Tankies--er a I mean the Yankees.  So I routinely change feeds to the team at bat during a live game.

On 8/15/2022 9:51 AM, Charles Adkins wrote:
[...]

Hi Ron. The MLB app's accessibility is not as good as it once was. The scoreboard doesn't work very well following the most recent update. Also, the audio option is usually available, but for some reason, MLB likes to present me with some advertising banner that will block everything, and not allow me to access anything. I end up unloading the app, and then restarting it from scratch so that it will work correctly. It's a bit clunky. It hasn't always been that way. It is still the most accessible professional sports app out there. The NHL app is also pretty good too.

[...]

correct them for the betterment of all is no vice; For a nation to
claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to cling to
its past achievements is no virtue!

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice; For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

Ron Canazzi

Hi michael,

I am living in the USA in the Buffalo, NY area.  I never get that issue. Are you in the USA?

On 8/15/2022 10:05 AM, Michael Mote wrote:
[...]

Hi Ron. I do live in the USA. I should point out that the issues don't happen all of the time, but if MLB is promoting something, like the Field of Dreams Game, or an offer for MLB.TV at a discounted rate or something like that, it will pop up. When it does, I can't seem to navigate the app very well.

[...]

OK, I have indeed seen this. All I do is to close the app and restart it. That seems to fix it.