Topics

HDD Needs Drive Letter

George Zaynoun

I have an HP laptop that can accomodate M2SATA SSD which is already installed and working properly, there is also a free compartment for another HDD or SSD standard size, I installed it and it is 1TB. In device manager it is working properly but it did not get a drive letter as it appears. How can I fix it? The installed HDD is partitioned and formatted with another laptop using usb so it should work.

--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN

Sam Taylor

Hi Georges,

Go to disk management by running diskmgmt.msc

Find the partition you wish to manage, right click and choose the change drive letter command. Then assign a drive letter.

Cheers

Sam