From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Allen West
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:17 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Help for a Friend

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend. She needs to email a video that she took with her iPhone. When she tries, she is told that the video is too large. Is there any way to do this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Allen

Hi Allen,
One way that your friend could get around this is by using dropbox and creating a shareable link. Also if she is sending it to another iPhone and the two people are in close proximity you could try air dropping it.
Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Jun 17, 2021, at 8:19 PM, Allen West <alwest0324@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend. She needs to email a video that she took
with her iPhone. When she tries, she is told that the video is too
large. Is there any way to do this? Any help would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks

Allen

Gene

Others may discuss whether it can be made smaller but can the person send it to a file sharing site like Dropbox or We Transfer and send the person a link to download the file?  Attachments are out of style these days for various reasons and even if the file can be made smaller, that might sacrifice quality.

I'm trying to help a friend. She needs to email a video that she took
with her iPhone. When she tries, she is told that the video is too
large. Is there any way to do this? Any help would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks

Allen

Gene

I expect that using a browser on an IPhone, sites like We Transfer or From Smash should work.  I believe that a JAVA script enabled browser is necessary and I would think IPhones would have JAVA script enabled browsers.

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help for a Friend

You could use
Fromsmash.com
although I have no idea if it works on iPhone or not.
You could use OneDrive, Dropbox etc too...
John