From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Rodgerson
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 11:27 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Help with cracked phone screen

Hi, my phone screen is cracked where the earpiece is, where can I go
to get this repaired?

Thanks

Michael

Loy

An Apple Store, Best Buy, batteries plus bulbs, all can do this.

Mr. Rodgerson, a stitch in time could have saved 13! Using a screen
protector shall have guarded against such a crack. I never put my toy in
play until I dress it up with a screen protector.

That said, if you have one in your locale, please consider giving Batteries
Plus & Bulbs a try; they have been kind to me when it comes to batteries and
a few other things, more than likely, they can help you as well. If your
toy is an Android one, see if T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon or one of their major
MVNO's near you is opened for business; any of these should be able to help
you.

I hope that your toy is still reasonably usable despite the screen crack;
good luck finding an outlet, as well as with the decision-making process.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Gerald Levy

Depends on the brand of phone.  If it is made by a mainstream electronics giant like Samsung, LG or Apple, a Best Buy store or even a neighborhood cell phone store should be able to fix a cracked screen.  But if the phone is one of those specialized phones designed for blind consumers like the BlindShell Classic or Smart Vision, which is made by an obscure, overseas company with no facilities in the US, you are probably screwed, because no Best Buy or phone store will touch it, and you will be out of luck. So take care of that $700 Smart Vision, because if you drop it and crack the screen, you can probably kiss it goodbye, and you will have to pony up another $700 for a new one.

Gerald

On 7/11/2020 7:38 AM, Loy wrote:
An Apple Store, Best Buy, batteries plus bulbs, all can do this.

Carolyn Arnold

My daughter-in-love and granddaughter went around for months
with their iPhone screens cracked. Her mother said she
didn't see how they could use them, but they waited it out
until Verizon had deals for updating their phones.

I keep a screen protector on mine, but I have a friend with
protector, but she cracked it and her iPhone screen. Unlike
me, she had Apple Care, so got her phone replaced.