Topics

help with view in downloads folder

Kimsan

Hi,

I’m using jaws 2018 through 2020 on a laptop using window 10’s latest version.

My laptop was in the shop for a day or so, when I got it back, in the downloads folder, every time I down or up arrow it says last week, last month, hahaha, it also said a long time ago.

How do I change this to where it doesn’t say any of that, instead just the names of the files I’m cursoring over?

I’d imagine I need to put it in listview, which I’ve done alt v, tabbed to change view and put it on list but it still says the above. Do I need to switch how its sorted? If that’s the case, it’s sorted by name.

Any an all help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B

Yo Bro,

While in your download folder make sure nothing is selected.
Press the, applications key, or, Shift + F10, to open the context menu.
Down arrow to, Group by, press enter, up / down arrow to, None, and press enter.
Open the context menu again in, submenuView, choose List.
Again open the context menu and in, submenu Sort By, choose, Name.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:22 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] help with view in downloads folder

Hi,

My laptop was in the shop for a day or so, when I got it back, in the downloads folder, every time I down or up arrow it says last week, last month, hahaha, it also said a long time ago.

How do I change this to where it doesn’t say any of that, instead just the names of the files I’m cursoring over?

I’d imagine I need to put it in listview, which I’ve done alt v, tabbed to change view and put it on list but it still says the above. Do I need to switch how its sorted? If that’s the case, it’s sorted by name.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan

Thank you bro!

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] help with view in downloads folder

Yo Bro,

While in your download folder make sure nothing is selected.

Press the, applications key, or, Shift + F10, to open the context menu.

Down arrow to, Group by, press enter, up / down arrow to, None, and press enter.

Open the context menu again in, submenuView, choose List.

Again open the context menu and in, submenu Sort By, choose, Name.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:22 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] help with view in downloads folder

Hi,

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...