Topics

help with view in downloads folder

Kimsan

Hi,

I’m using jaws 2018 through 2020 on a laptop using window 10’s latest version.

My laptop was in the shop for a day or so, when I got it back, in the downloads folder, every time I down or up arrow it says last week, last month, hahaha, it also said a long time ago.

How do I change this to where it doesn’t say any of that, instead just the names of the files I’m cursoring over?

I’d imagine I need to put it in listview, which I’ve done alt v, tabbed to change view and put it on list but it still says the above. Do I need to switch how its sorted? If that’s the case, it’s sorted by name.

Any an all help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B

Yo Bro,

While in your download folder make sure nothing is selected.
Press the, applications key, or, Shift + F10, to open the context menu.
Down arrow to, Group by, press enter, up / down arrow to, None, and press enter.
Open the context menu again in, submenuView, choose List.
Again open the context menu and in, submenu Sort By, choose, Name.

Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:22 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] help with view in downloads folder

Hi,

I’m using jaws 2018 through 2020 on a laptop using window 10’s latest version.

My laptop was in the shop for a day or so, when I got it back, in the downloads folder, every time I down or up arrow it says last week, last month, hahaha, it also said a long time ago.

How do I change this to where it doesn’t say any of that, instead just the names of the files I’m cursoring over?

I’d imagine I need to put it in listview, which I’ve done alt v, tabbed to change view and put it on list but it still says the above. Do I need to switch how its sorted? If that’s the case, it’s sorted by name.

Any an all help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...