how do I create a Microsoft account?

Jim Rawls

hi all, I am running windows ten, and have never done it before. Is it really necessary? Jim

Gene

It isn’t necessary unless you want to do things that require one.  Others will, I expect, discuss what some or many of those things are.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:45 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] how do I create a Microsoft account?

hi all, I am running windows ten, and have never done it before. Is it really necessary? Jim

Jaffar Sidek

Gene is right.  You only need an email account to sign into windows if you are a developer or in a team of developers, or if you are wishing to sell your software product on the Windows store, or if you want to participate in microsoft's insider or it's beta testing teams.  Cheers!

On 30/4/2021 3:53 am, Gene wrote:
It isn’t necessary unless you want to do things that require one.  Others will, I expect, discuss what some or many of those things are.

Gene

John Holcomb II

Or if you want to use OneDrive or have an office365 buscription.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:04 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how do I create a Microsoft account?

Gene is right.  You only need an email account to sign into windows if you are a developer or in a team of developers, or if you are wishing to sell your software product on the Windows store, or if you want to participate in microsoft's insider or it's beta testing teams.  Cheers!

On 30/4/2021 3:53 am, Gene wrote:

Gene

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.

Jim, if you've ever used Skype, you already have a Microsoft account. Else,
follow the prompts from whichever Microsoft app that's requiring you to
create a Microsoft Account. MsTeams is a good example.

As has been suggested though, if you can do without a Microsoft Account and
still get business done, I suggest settling for that 'cause it's less
hassle.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado