How do you post to a facebook group?

David Mehler

Hello,

Ok, I admit it, I'm a facebook newbie, if I use it once a year to keep
it active I'm doing good.

I'm in need of remedial facebook help. First, I've got a group that
I've joined, (I'm using win10, NVDA and google chrome) and I'm needing
to post a request a message to it.

Secondly, I'm wondering how to adjust my privacy settings so no one
can see which groups I'm subscribed to whether they're on my friends
list or not, the only one who should know my groups membership is
myself.

Help appreciated.

Thanks.
Dave.

Abbie Taylor

If you just want to post to a group, once you're on that group's page, press the letter E until you get to an edit field that says something like "What's On Your Mind" or "Write post." Type your post, then tab until you find the Post button.

As for your second question, I might be wrong, but I don't think others can see which groups you're in. So, I doubt you need to worry about that.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

John Holcomb II

Oh yes they can see which groups you are on unless it’s a private or secret group, and I do not think there’s any way to change it.

John

John Holcomb II

Correction: just secret groups are the ones they can’t see.

See some of them are private where only members can see what is posted, but its not secret meaning anyone can find it and apply to join.

Those groups are seeable by e anyone .

John

Victor

Remember that you’re talking about social media. That means that everything you post is public in one way or another. If you’re worried about the content of your post, don’t post it. That’s my rule of thumb.

Victor

On Oct 6, 2021, at 4:14 PM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

Correction: just secret groups are the ones they can’t see.

See some of them are private where only members can see what is posted, but its not secret meaning anyone can find it and apply to join.

Those groups are seeable by e anyone .

John

David Mehler

Hello,

Thanks. I'm seeing a bunch of edit fields where I can comment on other
posts, and a new post button at the very botttom of the page, but then
it asks me to enter a person or group, when what I want to do is post
to the group I'm currently in.

Thanks.
Dave.

On Oct 6, 2021, at 4:14 PM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@gmail.com> wrote:

Correction: just secret groups are the ones they can’t see.
See some of them are private where only members can see what is posted,
but its not secret meaning anyone can find it and apply to join.
Those groups are seeable by e anyone .
John

David Mehler

Hello,

Still not able to post. Does anyone have a walkthrough? I'm totally
new to this and am not sure which edit field to go for I don't want to
respond to a previously posted message, I want to make a new one.

Thanks.
Dave.