From: Jim Rawls
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 3:50 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] how does one get a computer from computers for the blind?

Hi all,

What do you have to qualify? Jim

Gerald Levy

There are no special qualifications for obtaining a computer from computers for the blind, other than being blind or severely vision impaired. You do not have to furnish proof of blindness.  One of their customer service agents will simply ask you a few questions to determine your eligilibility when you call them. Telling them that you currently use JAWS is usually sufficient.  Seriously.    For $130, you can purchase a refurbished desktop that comes with a one-year license for JAWS 2020, which, by itself is worth $99, a full size keyboard, optical mouse and 19 inch flat panel monitor, plus 4 gb of RAM, 160 gb hard drive and Windows 10 Pro.  For additional cost, you can increase theRAM up to 16 gb and order a 500 gb hard drive or 128 gb SSD. For $185, you can order a refurbed laptop.  All computers come with a one-year warranty and phone tech support.  JAWS will come up speaking in full mode when you plug it in and turn it on.  You can now pay for your computer over the phone by credit or debit card.  Because all computers are shipped as free matter for the blind, it takes about two weeks to process your order and have it delivered to your home.  They will supply a USPS tracking number when it is shipped.  For more info:

214-340-6328

https://www.computersfortheblind.org/

Gerald

On 11/25/2019 4:50 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Hi all,

What do you have to qualify? Jim

Mike B

Howdy Jim,

Their contact info is below.  Try calling them and they'll be able to answer any questions you have.

Email:  info@...

Phone#:  1-214-340-6328