how to apply styles to my document?

Jaffar Sidek

Hi all.  Sorry for this very basic question but I am a bit lost as I am now using Office 365.  With the normal office 2019 desktop app, I could apply headings level 1 to 6 quite easily using  the insert menu and alt+Y on the ribbon.  I don't seem to be able to do it now.  Any guide please?  Thanks and cheers.

Sam Taylor

Hi Jaffar,

Control alt 1 through 3 for heading levels 1 to 3, then to increase a heading level value use alt, shift, right arrow.

If you decide you need to decrease the value again, say, from a six to a five, use alt shift left arrow.

Cheers

Sam

On 27/10/2021 3:27 pm, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi all. Sorry for this very basic question but I am a bit lost as I am now using Office 365.  With the normal office 2019 desktop app, I could apply headings level 1 to 6 quite easily using  the insert menu and alt+Y on the ribbon.  I don't seem to be able to do it now.  Any guide please?  Thanks and cheers.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Jaffar,

As Sam mentioned, press control+alt+1 for heading 1, control+alt+2 for heading level 2 and control+alt+3 for heading level 3.  You can use control+shift+s to open apply styles or control+alt+shift+s for the full styles options.  You can also press alt+h, then L to go to Styles on the home ribbon.

There is a section covering Styles in the Microsoft Word with NVDA training module if you are interested in improving your sklils with Word overall: https://www.nvaccess.org/product/microsoft-word-training-for-nvda-ebook/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Jaffar Sidek

Thanks very much Sam and Quentin. Truly appreciated.