Topics

How to dlete pre-installed software on a windows 10 computer

Keith S

Hi,

How do I delete the pre-installed HP software that is on my windows 10 laptop?

Thanks

Keith

chris judge

Hi. Go to add-remove programs, find the software you want to uninstall, press enter an choose the uninstall option.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith S
Sent: January 12, 2020 12:52 PM
To: tech talk for the blind <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] How to dlete pre-installed software on a windows 10 computer

Hi,

Thanks

Keith

Gene

My understanding is that some computer manufacturers use their software for certain functions and that the Windows software may not support the functions or may not be available or may have to be configured.  We'll see what others say.  I don't know enough about the subject to do other than say that I don't think it is a good idea to just delete things without knowing what they do, if the computer is currently using any of them for any function you want, such as your wireless connections, and how you get Windows to take over any functions you might lose. 

Just in general, some, perhaps many people, delete things just because they don't want them.  I very strongly believe that things shouldn't be deleted unless you know what they are and that you will never need or want them.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:51 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] How to dlete pre-installed software on a windows 10 computer

Hi,

Thanks

Keith

chris judge

I have had many computers of most brands, and have always removed the brand named software, it’s the first thing I do, and have never experienced any issues.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: January 12, 2020 3:51 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to dlete pre-installed software on a windows 10 computer

My understanding is that some computer manufacturers use their software for certain functions and that the Windows software may not support the functions or may not be available or may have to be configured.  We'll see what others say.  I don't know enough about the subject to do other than say that I don't think it is a good idea to just delete things without knowing what they do, if the computer is currently using any of them for any function you want, such as your wireless connections, and how you get Windows to take over any functions you might lose. 

Just in general, some, perhaps many people, delete things just because they don't want them.  I very strongly believe that things shouldn't be deleted unless you know what they are and that you will never need or want them.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:51 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Keith