Topics

How to find charts on Excel?

Pablo Morales

Hi all,

I am having some problems to locate the charts I have created on an excel sheet. As soon as I create a chart, excel shows a dialog where we are able to change style and do other things. However, as soon you press escape and go back to the data used for this cart. I am not able to find the chart anywhere. Is there a way to get a list of charts on an excel sheet?

Thanks guys,

Pablo

chris judge

Hi. What screen reader are you using? I ask because, if you are using jaws you might want to try pressing insert Alt C.

I’m not an excel aficionado and have not the slightest knowledge of how to create charts so I can’t test this, but when I pressed insert alt C jaws said, no charts on work sheet, which leads me to believe that had there been charts I would have gotten some useful info. This is where the command search in jaws really shines. To use it, while in the application of interest, press insert space bar to enter jaws layered commands, Press J, this will take you to command search. I typed chart, then tabbed over to the results and found this keystroke.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

I am having some problems to locate the charts I have created on an excel sheet. As soon as I create a chart, excel shows a dialog where we are able to change style and do other things. However, as soon you press escape and go back to the data used for this cart. I am not able to find the chart anywhere. Is there a way to get a list of charts on an excel sheet?

Thanks guys,

Pablo

Pablo Morales

I didn’t think that through the jaws command I was going to find that keystroke. I thought that it was done through the excel program. I don’t know, showing a list of charts or something like that.

Very helpful your advice, thank you very much,

Pablo