From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nancy Hill
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 6:57 PM
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] how to get access to an IPad

Group,

I have a good friend whose Mom passed away unexpectedly last year. In going through her things she found an I Pad that is fairly new, but she can not gain access to it.

What must my friend do to be able to gain access to this almost new IPad?

Thanks for your help and advice.

nancy

Hello, if you want to contact me off list I would be happy to give you instructions on how to gain access to the iPad. Email me back off the list for assistance with this problem

Ashley

On Jun 15, 2021, at 5:56 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@comcast.net> wrote:

Group,

I have a good friend whose Mom passed away unexpectedly last year. In going through her things she found an I Pad that is fairly new, but she can not gain access to it.

What must my friend do to be able to gain access to this almost new IPad?

Thanks for your help and advice.

nancy

Nancy Hill

Ashley, I hit CTRL R so I hope this goes only to you.

Thanks,

nancy

On 6/15/2021 7:04 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hello, if you want to contact me off list I would be happy to give you instructions on how to gain access to the iPad. Email me back off the list for assistance with this problem

Ashley

On Jun 15, 2021, at 5:56 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@comcast.net> wrote:

Group,

I have a good friend whose Mom passed away unexpectedly last year. In going through her things she found an I Pad that is fairly new, but she can not gain access to it.

What must my friend do to be able to gain access to this almost new IPad?

Thanks for your help and advice.

nancy

Nancy Hill

Well, it didn't...sorry all.

nancy

On 6/15/2021 7:26 PM, Nancy Hill wrote:
[...]

I hope this gets to only you.

I would definitely appreciate your help.

nancy

On 6/15/2021 7:04 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hello, if you want to contact me off list I would be happy to give you instructions on how to gain access to the iPad. Email me back off the list for assistance with this problem

Ashley

On Jun 15, 2021, at 5:56 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@comcast.net> wrote:

Group,

I have a good friend whose Mom passed away unexpectedly last year. In going through her things she found an I Pad that is fairly new, but she can not gain access to it.

What must my friend do to be able to gain access to this almost new IPad?

Thanks for your help and advice.

nancy

Gene

What e-mail program are you using.  Someone can tell you how to write to people offlist.

Methods such as you are using often don’t work.  Perhaps on some lists, they might but on lists I’ve been on, which I think represent the majority in terms of how they are set up, such techniques don’t.  But there are reliable ways to do this.

Ashley, I hit CTRL R so I hope this goes only to you.

Thanks,

nancy

On 6/15/2021 7:04 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
> Hello, if you want to contact me off list I would be happy to give you instructions on how to gain access to the iPad. Email me back off the list for assistance with this problem
>
> Ashley
>
>> On Jun 15, 2021, at 5:56 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@...> wrote:
>>
>> Group,
>>

>> I have a good friend whose Mom passed away unexpectedly last year.  In going through her things she found an I Pad that is fairly new, but she can not gain access to it.
>>

>> What must my friend do to be able to gain access to this almost new IPad?
>>

>> Thanks for your help and advice.
>>

>> nancy

Nancy Hill

Well, I didn't get it again.

How do I reply to the person who sent the response to that individual instead of the group?

Thanks,

nancy

On 6/15/2021 7:29 PM, Nancy Hill wrote:
[...]

 I am using Thunderbird and I have used ctrl R and then ctrl shift R to try to respond only to Ashley.

BTW, it is probly the latest TB and one of the latest versions of Win10 plus Jaws.

Thanks for your help!

nancy

On 6/15/2021 7:36 PM, Gene wrote:
> What e-mail program are you using. Someone can tell you how to write > to people offlist. > > Methods such as you are using often don’t work. Perhaps on some > lists, they might but on lists I’ve been on, which I think represent > the majority in terms of how they are set up, such techniques don’t. > But there are reliable ways to do this. > > Gene -----Original Message----- *From:* Nancy Hill > <mailto:girlyscream@...> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 15, 2021 6:26 > PM *To:* main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> > *Subject:* Re: [TechTalk] how to get access to an IPad > > Ashley, I hit CTRL R so I hope this goes only to you. > > > Thanks, > > nancy > > On 6/15/2021 7:04 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote: >> Hello, if you want to contact me off list I would be happy to give >> you instructions on how to gain access to the iPad. Email me back >> off the list for assistance with this problem >> >> Ashley >> >>> On Jun 15, 2021, at 5:56 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@...>

Nancy Hill

Ashley, will you reply directly to me.  I just have not been successful.

Many thanks,

[...]

Let us know if you try my method.  If done correctly, it will work.

Ashley, will you reply directly to me.  I just have not been successful.

Many thanks,

nancy

On 6/15/2021 7:26 PM, Nancy Hill wrote:
> Ashley, I hit CTRL R so I hope this goes only to you.
>

> Thanks,
>
> nancy
>
> On 6/15/2021 7:04 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
>> Hello, if you want to contact me off list I would be happy to give
>> you instructions on how to gain access to the iPad. Email me back off
>> the list for assistance with this problem
>>
>> Ashley
>>
>>> On Jun 15, 2021, at 5:56 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@...>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Group,
>>>

>>> I have a good friend whose Mom passed away unexpectedly last year.
>>> In going through her things she found an I Pad that is fairly new,
>>> but she can not gain access to it.
>>>

>>> What must my friend do to be able to gain access to this almost new
>>> IPad?
>>>

>>> Thanks for your help and advice.
>>>

>>> nancy

Melissa

Ashley. I need your help too. I tried to write you privately but the
email bounced back. My email address is:
angel.melissa0107@gmail.com
Will you please write me off list? Thanks so much.
Melissa

wrote:

Group,

I have a good friend whose Mom passed away unexpectedly last year.
In going through her things she found an I Pad that is fairly new,
but she can not gain access to it.

What must my friend do to be able to gain access to this almost new
IPad?

Thanks for your help and advice.

nancy

Hi Nancy,
This is Ashley Breger from the list. Feel free to reply to this email as it should go directly to me instead of going out to the whole list for any assistance.

Ashley

On Jun 15, 2021, at 7:40 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

Thanks so much.

I would certainly appreciate your instructions.  Deb's Mom also had an older IPad...and of course, she can use it...lol

Deb is our church's secretary and she and I are good friends and as she is an only child (we are grown, not teenagers) we would appreciate it if we could get help in getting that almost new IPad up and running.

On 6/15/2021 10:26 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
[...]

If this came out on the list, I apologize...again.

I will try and study what Gene sent.

nancy

On 6/15/2021 10:40 PM, Nancy Hill wrote:
[...]

Ashley, I am trying to study Gene's kind help...but so far I am not very good.

Ashley, please send me a note at:

girlyscream@comcast.net

Many Thanks,

nancy

[...]

Do you have a voice recorder or do you read and write Braille?  I wrote all steps or almost all steps on new lines.  If you take notes in some way, then follow them and refer to each step before you do it. you can perform the procedure without memorization.

If you follow notes on the computer, alt tabbing  between the window with the notes and back to the window where you are following the procedure, the notes won't work as described. That's because every time you open the menu and tab away to look at more instructions, the menu will close.  So use notes not on your computer.

Gene

On 6/15/2021 10:19 PM, Nancy Hill wrote:
[...]

Gene, thanks so much for the helpful info.  I am about to leave the computer until late am in the morning.  I have used my VRStream to record things like instructions before.

Thanks again for the info!

nancy

On 6/16/2021 1:50 AM, Gene wrote:
[...]

val and david paul

Hi!

I was also given an ipad which had already been set up, this was given to all vulnerable customers in Scotland by the government.

Unfortunately the guy who set it up, did not give me an apple i.d or password.

Ofcourse, when I had an update recently, I couldn't sign back in.

Help on this would be appreciated.

Val.

On 16/06/2021 00:26, Nancy Hill wrote:
Ashley, I hit CTRL R so I hope this goes only to you.

Thanks,

nancy

On 6/15/2021 7:04 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hello, if you want to contact me off list I would be happy to give you instructions on how to gain access to the iPad. Email me back off the list for assistance with this problem

Ashley

On Jun 15, 2021, at 5:56 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@comcast.net> wrote:

Group,

I have a good friend whose Mom passed away unexpectedly last year.  In going through her things she found an I Pad that is fairly new, but she can not gain access to it.

What must my friend do to be able to gain access to this almost new IPad?

Thanks for your help and advice.

nancy

Gene

I found out that the more simple method I gave originally will work in Thunderbird a lot of the time.  I’m not sure how often it may not work.  So try the more simple method first.  I’ll give it again below with an additional step or two and an additional comment or two..

If it doesn’t work for the e-mail message you are using, try the more complicated method.

Open the message.
Shift tab once.
Tab once.
Open the context menu.
Down arrow to compose message to, then press enter.
A message will open and you will be in the subject line.
Shift tab once.
Left arrow once.
You will hear the address announced.
If you want to hear it again, use read current line.
If it is correct, tab to the subject line, write the subject, then tab to the message body and write and send the message.

If you don’t hear the correct address, use the procedure I gave in my second description.  Here is what you do:
You can continue to work with the same message.  If the address is not correct, and you will know it because it will say something that makes no sense such as at groups.io at the end:
Press enter once.
press home.
Right arrow until you get to the equals sign.  Then right arrow one more time.
Hold shift and press end.  Then press delete.
then right arrow until the end of the proper address.
You will see a second at sign after the end of the proper address.
Stop on it.
Press shift and press end while holding shift.
Press delete.
You now have the correct address and can continue to the subject line to fill it out and then to the message body to write and send the message.