How to get Jaws 2021 reading number not numerals'

Jim

Members
My system win 7 JAWS 2021
How do I set Jaws to read numbers like 3500 as thirty five hundred and not by 3, 5, 0, 0?
Thanks
Jim

--
Jim Elsner

Mike B.

Hi Jim,

Try the following:
Note: If you want to make these settings in a particular application / program, then open the application / program & open the Settings Center while in
the application / program & skip step #2.  If you want these settings for all applications follow all the steps below.

1. Open the Settings Center with, Insert / Jaws key + 6, on the number row above the main keyboard.
2. Press, Control, Shift, + D, to open Setting Center default all applications.
3. Arrow down to, Text Processing, & right arrow to open.
4. Arrow down to, Number & Date Processing, & right arrow to open.
Note: If you want the date to read correctly when it's in a number format, arrow down 1 time to, Numeric Date Processing, press the spacebar to toggle
through your options, & stop when Jaws reports, Some Translation.
5. Arrow down 1 time to, Number Processing, press the spacebar to toggle through the options.  Stop when Jaws reports, Controlled By Synthesizer.
6. Arrow down to, Speak Single Digits, right arrow to open, arrow down to, If Number Contains, press the spacebar to toggle through the options, & stop
when Jaws reports, Controlled By The Synthesizer.
7. Arrow down to, If number contains dashes, this box needs to be checked.
8. If you want dollar & cents amounts reported correctly, arrow down to, Speak Dollars, & make sure this box is checked.
9. Tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, press enter to save your changes & close the Settings Center.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

How do I set Jaws to read numbers like 3500 as thirty five hundred and
not by 3, 5, 0, 0?
Thanks
Jim

--
Jim Elsner

Jim

Mike
Thanks for the help with Jaws and reading numbers. I made the adjustment to Jaws 19, 2020, and 2021. All seems to have gone well. As I said I am running Win7 here and have some additional quirks. I am a 24 year user of Window-eyes and still making use of it as I can. My Jaws 2021 is to verbose as it tells me enter to open when I land on icons. Could you help me stop this action. Also in 2021 Jaws does not voice the application when alt tabbing through open programs. Freedom Scientific said this is a Known problem with no fix yet. In calculator Jaws does not voice the multiple, division, add, and subtract signs. In Winamp it speaks the repeat and shuffle keys however does not speak the pause play and stop buttons. Again thanks for your detailed instructions on my reading numbers problem.
Jim Elsner

From: dan Thompson
JAWS Quick Key 1.2.0
GW Micro has upgraded the JAWS Quick Key App to version 1.2:

  by GW Micro Description: Description: This app is rated 3 out of 5 stars with 1 ratings.Description: Description: XML Feed for JAWS Quick Key 1.2.0

This script provides a mode to explore the Window-Eyes equivalent of common JAWS keystrokes. Press the JAWS Quick Key hot key (Insert-P, by default) to enter the quick key mode. Once in the mode, press a common JAWS keystroke. If an equivalent Window-Eyes keystroke is found, it will be reported. You will stay in the Quick Key mode until you press escape, or until focus changes. If you find JAWS keystrokes that are not mapped correctly, or are missing when Window-Eyes equivalent hot keys do exist, please contact us at support@....

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

--
Jim Elsner

Jim

Yes, I believe so. I don't recall making any changes when I installed Jaws 2021.

--
Jim Elsner