How To Make Firefox Open Thunderbird with Clickable E-mail Addresses On Web Pages

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

In the past, when I was using Firefox, if I clicked on an e-mail address on a web page, I could get
Thunderbird to open a new message with the address in the To field. With later versions of Firefox, I cannot do this. Instead, Firefox opens my account on the web page.  I have searched under Firefox settings and I do not see a 'use default programs' listing or setting.

I am using Windows 10 and 11 with all updates and Firefox and Thunderbird latest updates.

If anyone can tell me where to look and which setting to change, it would be greatly appreciated.

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;