Topics

how to see everything in gmail

Pamela Dominguez

I am using gmail with windows live mail.  How do I get to see all the boxes?  The only time I get to see them is if I get a message that I have something it thinks is spam.  Then, it opens up so I can see all the folders, and I can see the messages it has decided to dump into the spam folder.  Otherwise, I can’t see the spam folder, or the sent items, or the deleted items.  Just the in and out box, and when I arrow up and down to find the boxes, it doesn’t like it, and gives me some kind of an error message that I have to press okay on.  Pam.

Gene

This may have to do with a view setting you are using.  I am assuming you are using the ribbon version. 

In that version, there is an option in the view menu to toggle between compact view and full view.  I don't know if full view is what it is called.  The sequence to toggle this setting is:
alt v, l, c.

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 10:18 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] how to see everything in gmail

I am using gmail with windows live mail.  How do I get to see all the boxes?  The only time I get to see them is if I get a message that I have something it thinks is spam.  Then, it opens up so I can see all the folders, and I can see the messages it has decided to dump into the spam folder.  Otherwise, I can’t see the spam folder, or the sent items, or the deleted items.  Just the in and out box, and when I arrow up and down to find the boxes, it doesn’t like it, and gives me some kind of an error message that I have to press okay on.  Pam.

Marie

In addition, if using imap, go to the folder just named Gmail and press the right arrow to expand it and all the folders mentioned should be visible.

Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:33 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how to see everything in gmail

This may have to do with a view setting you are using.  I am assuming you are using the ribbon version. 

In that version, there is an option in the view menu to toggle between compact view and full view.  I don't know if full view is what it is called.  The sequence to toggle this setting is:
alt v, l, c.
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Pamela Dominguez

I tried it, but it still doesn’t show me my deleted items, my sent items, or my junk folder.  The only difference it made is now, it says:  “unread email from contacts, unread email from feeds, and inbox.  It doesn’t even show me my outbox anymore since I did that.  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:33 AM

alt v, l, c.
Gene

Pamela Dominguez

Right arrowing doesn’t do anything.  And now, I can’t see the folder that just says gmail; I see gmail pammygirl inbox, which is one folder, then the other two I mentioned, and right arrowing at any of them doesn’t do any good.  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:38 AM

In addition, if using imap, go to the folder just named Gmail and press the right arrow to expand it and all the folders mentioned should be visible.

alt v, l, c.
Gene

Gene

You can toggle the view to what it was before with the same command. 

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 10:52 AM

I tried it, but it still doesn’t show me my deleted items, my sent items, or my junk folder.  The only difference it made is now, it says:  “unread email from contacts, unread email from feeds, and inbox.  It doesn’t even show me my outbox anymore since I did that.  Pam.

alt v, l, c.
Gene

Pamela Dominguez

Okay, thanks.  I did, now I found the gmail, and right arrowed, and it opened things up.  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 12:17 PM

Gene

alt v, l, c.
Gene

Carolyn Arnold

Gmail fine, but since server working on problem for about a week, with their last attempt, I cannot navigate in any mail unless I put reply.I have checked JAWS, have it on Beginner for verbosity. If anyone has any idea how to disentangle myself here, they might want to change the subject and send an answer. I would appreciate it.

Now, to see if this will send. That is what has started the problems. While personal mail will not send, usually list mail will appear on a list, although I get the undeliverable message. Thanks. I hope this gibberish makes sense to someone.

By the time they're through, Pam, it could be that my Gmail won't work either. It keeps going down. I'm about ready to sell - cheers.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:01 PM

Right arrowing doesn’t do anything. And now, I can’t see the folder that just says gmail; I see gmail pammygirl inbox, which is one folder, then the other two I mentioned, and right arrowing at any of them doesn’t do any good. Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:38 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

This may have to do with a view setting you are using. I am assuming you are using the ribbon version.

In that version, there is an option in the view menu to toggle between compact view and full view. I don't know if full view is what it is called. The sequence to toggle this setting is:
alt v, l, c.
Gene

I am using gmail with windows live mail. How do I get to see all the boxes? The only time I get to see them is if I get a message that I have something it thinks is spam. Then, it opens up so I can see all the folders, and I can see the messages it has decided to dump into the spam folder. Otherwise, I can’t see the spam folder, or the sent items, or the deleted items. Just the in and out box, and when I arrow up and down to find the boxes, it doesn’t like it, and gives me some kind of an error message that I have to press okay on. Pam.

Carolyn Arnold

That is what I do, like you said, Gene, toggle, works fine with Gmail and other mail, and in Gmail, I can even navigate.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:17 PM

Gene

I tried it, but it still doesn’t show me my deleted items, my sent items, or my junk folder. The only difference it made is now, it says: “unread email from contacts, unread email from feeds, and inbox. It doesn’t even show me my outbox anymore since I did that. Pam.

This may have to do with a view setting you are using. I am assuming you are using the ribbon version.

In that version, there is an option in the view menu to toggle between compact view and full view. I don't know if full view is what it is called. The sequence to toggle this setting is:
alt v, l, c.
Gene

I am using gmail with windows live mail. How do I get to see all the boxes? The only time I get to see them is if I get a message that I have something it thinks is spam. Then, it opens up so I can see all the folders, and I can see the messages it has decided to dump into the spam folder. Otherwise, I can’t see the spam folder, or the sent items, or the deleted items. Just the in and out box, and when I arrow up and down to find the boxes, it doesn’t like it, and gives me some kind of an error message that I have to press okay on. Pam.