From: E.M. Kirtley
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2020 4:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] how to stop Jaws from saying "two spaces"

Every time it comes to the end of a phrase, sentence etc. it says "two
spaces I am using Windows seven, Jaws 19.

I have tried changing some things in verbosity and speech settings, but it
keeps saying it. Help, please!

Cordially, Ms. Kirtley

E.M. Kirtley

Hello Gene, the answer is in general.

Ms. Kirtley

Is this in one specific program or general behavior?

Every time it comes to the end of a phrase, sentence etc. it says "two
spaces I am using Windows seven, Jaws 19.

I have tried changing some things in verbosity and speech settings, but it
keeps saying it. Help, please!

Cordially, Ms. Kirtley

Gene

I haven't used JAWS for a long time but there is a feature called text analyzer. It may be on. While I doubt it is the cause of the problem, you can check if it is on in the following way:

The command to turn Text Analyzer on is JAWS key space, that is hold the JAWS key and type space. Then type the letter a. To turn it off, use the same command again.

Is this in one specific program or general behavior?

Every time it comes to the end of a phrase, sentence etc. it says "two
spaces I am using Windows seven, Jaws 19.

I have tried changing some things in verbosity and speech settings, but it
keeps saying it. Help, please!

Cordially, Ms. Kirtley

Mike B

Could you have accidentally changed your speech & sound scheme?  Press, Insert, Alt + S, to open the sound & schemes list and try changing to Classic to see if that helps.

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2020 2:26 PM

Every time it comes to the end of a phrase, sentence etc.  it says "two
spaces  I am using Windows seven, Jaws 19.

I have tried changing some things in verbosity and speech settings, but it
keeps saying it.  Help, please!

Cordially,  Ms. Kirtley

E.M. Kirtley

Thank you that appears to have happened.

Ms. Kirtley