From: Joe Giovanelli
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] how to use open drive or google drive

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to down
load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I need,
however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

Joe Giovanelli

Hi, Gene,

I often send the links to my music projects to four or five people.

Sometimes I might not send all links at one time.

Joe G.

On 4/23/2021 11:38 AM, Gene wrote:
How many people do you want to download the files?  It might be easier and more simple to use a goode file transfer site than to sign up with a service.  We transfer, for example allows free users to share files with We transfer allows you to share files with three people without signing up.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Joe Giovanelli
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in  either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to down
load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I need,
however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

Gene

I don't remember on which list this service was discussed but it appears legitimate. It should meet your needs.
https://fromsmash.com/
Since I never heard of it before, you may want to wait for other comments or look up reviews. But I've received one file from it and sent a file and it appears to do what it says, transfer files with no advertising.

I'll have to play with it some more to determine just how to use it. I got it to work but I'm not sure exactly what I did yet.

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to down
load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I need,
however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

Gene

Here is a review of Smash. It looks safe.
https://www.techradar.com/news/new-file-sharing-site-smash-has-no-ads-no-file-size-limits-and-a-creative-twist

To begin the download procedure, press enter on the text that says click or drop your files here.

A typical open with type dialog opens. Select the file and press enter.

Then look at the page. You will see two ways to proceed. I used the link button. Once you press it, look at the page and write your e-mail address in the field provided. This may be optional but if you do, the link will be sent to you and also notifications of when your file is downloaded.

Then find the get a link button and press the space bar. I'm not sure if it will work properly from the keyboard the first time you do this. If you have problems, let me know and I'll tell you how I seemed to get around it the first time I followed this procedure. After the first time, the problem won't exist, if it does at all.

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to down
load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I need,
however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

John Holcomb II

Omg, yes it was this list and its awesome!
I love fromsmash.com
Joe if you are on a PC, you can upload the file from the browser with no file size limits.
If its under 2GB for free users then it'll be available as soon as its done uploading to the smash servers.
If its over 2GB you'll have to wait 8 hours .
Premium users don't have this wait limitation and its only $5 a month.
They've got some Hella fast upload speeds, I was able to upload a gig file in less than a minute. Downloading a file is that fast, too. My speed is 100/100MB for my ISP though.
The files from my location downloaded and uploaded at around 14MB/Sec.

John

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to
down load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I
need, however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

Joe Giovanelli

Hi, John,

Thank you for the information about fromsmash. It offers anything I can imaginne wanting according to the information in this post.

When I go to that site, all I see is a link marked F, or another marked C. They don't seem to do very much. I see a place where it says: click or drag your files here.

I think I got a file placed but then what? Somehow I guess I'm supposed to be able to copy a link for sending to those who I want to hear my music. I couldn't find it.

Maybe it's righgt here, but I don't get it!

Joe G

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to
down load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I
need, however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

Gene

I sent a long message explaining how to use the site Did you not receive it?

Gedne

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to
down load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I
need, however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

Joe Giovanelli

No. I do not have that message.

Joe

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in  either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to
down load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I
need, however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

Gene

Here is the message I sent, under my signature.

[...]

Mike B

Hi John,

How / where do you create an account?  I didn't see a create account on the FromSmash website and the Smash website seems mostly about erectile disfunction.  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

I often send the links to my music projects to four or five people.

Sometimes I might not send all links at one time.

Joe G.

On 4/23/2021 11:38 AM, Gene wrote:
> How many people do you want to download the files?  It might be easier
> and more simple to use a goode file transfer site than to sign up with
> a service.  We transfer, for example allows free users to share files
> with We transfer allows you to share files with three people without
> signing up.
>
> Gene
> -----Original Message----- From: Joe Giovanelli
> Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: [TechTalk] how to use open drive or google drive

> ood morning, List,
>

> All I want to do is to place a file or files in  either of these
> facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to
> down load the files.
>

> The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I
> need, however, is this dropbox type applications.
>

> I thank you very much.
>

> Joe Giovanelli

Gene

You aren't following the correct link. I gave it in one of my messages. it is
https://fromsmash.com/

Once you are on the site, you won't see much. But there are perhaps two or three unlabeled items that are announced as clicable. Try clicking them or if you click one and it gets you where you want, you may not have to click others. You can get to a lot of information and a typical home page sort of page.

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to
down load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I
need, however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

Nimer Jaber

I am trying to understand how this thread got to talking about other transfer services, when the original question and subject thread references Google Drive. Joe, are you still looking for instruction on Google Drive? It is quite easy to upload content there. Or would you prefer to use some of these services discussed in this thread?

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Mike B

I went to the correct link, but I didn't see anything for creating an account, so I was asking if an account needed to be created.  I did go to the correct URL again, uploaded a file, sent myself an email, received the download link from Smash and downloaded the file.  It's interesting that an account doesn't need to be created to use their service.  I'll probably start recieving all kinds of messages advertising erection enabling pills now!  LOL  LOL

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

I often send the links to my music projects to four or five people.

Sometimes I might not send all links at one time.

Joe G.

On 4/23/2021 11:38 AM, Gene wrote:
> How many people do you want to download the files?  It might be easier
> and more simple to use a goode file transfer site than to sign up with
> a service.  We transfer, for example allows free users to share files
> with We transfer allows you to share files with three people without
> signing up.
>
> Gene
> -----Original Message----- From: Joe Giovanelli
> Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: [TechTalk] how to use open drive or google drive

> ood morning, List,
>

> All I want to do is to place a file or files in  either of these
> facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to
> down load the files.
>

> The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I
> need, however, is this dropbox type applications.
>

> I thank you very much.
>

> Joe Giovanelli

Gene

I doubt it. The review I read said there is no advertising and the site has fund raisers. it looks like a site that doesn't abuse those who use it.

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

ood morning, List,

All I want to do is to place a file or files in either of these
facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to
down load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I
need, however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

Kerryn Gunness

Google drive

hi

from accessibility central

Using NVDA with Google programs by Roger Benz

The following NVDA Youtube tutorials are courtesy of Roger Benz from Google. They cover Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides. To listen to these tutorials, please click on the link following each of the titles below:

Switch to the new Google Drive using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDxYOR7CFY&feature=youtu.be

Getting started with Google Drive using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaZgDXBsWI&feature=youtu.be

Ge

Not sure of open drive

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

All I want to do is to place a file or files in  either of these

facilities and send links to those people who I want to be able to down

load the files.

The instructions talk about many things these sites provide. All I need,

however, is this dropbox type applications.

I thank you very much.

Joe Giovanelli

John Holcomb II

You don't have to create an account no, but doing so would help you to keep track of things.
Also premium users don't have to wait in line o if they upload files more then 2GB in size.
John