Topics

HtmlAsText program question

Keith S

Hi, was told the program HtmlAsText would convert HTML files to text files, which it does, individually.

The following line is from the read-me file, and I cannot get the program to covert multiple files at once, (aka batch converting):

* You can convert multiple HTML files in the same folder at once, by

using wildcard. (e.g.:

c:\files\*.html)

Anyone use this program and if so, what setting do I adjust to allow the conversion of multiple .htlm files into .txt format?

Many thanks in advance.

Keith

Rob Hudson

Keith S <ks.steinbach03@...> wrote:
Anyone use this program and if so, what setting do I adjust to allow the conversion of multiple .htlm files into .txt format?

There is a radio button pair.
Single file
or
Multiple files
I think if you shift tab twice from the first edit box you land in upon opening the program, you will find it.

Keith S

Yes, I have switched it to multiple files and then I go to the folder in which the files are in and selecta ll and run the program and only one is converted.  there were only 3 files in the folder on my test run.

Keith

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] HtmlAsText program question

> Anyone use this program and if so, what setting do I adjust to allow the conversion of multiple .htlm files into .txt format?

There is a radio button pair.
Single file
or
Multiple files
I think if you shift tab twice from the first edit box you land in upon opening the program, you will find it.

Rob Hudson

Yes, I have switched it to multiple files and then I go to the folder in which the files are in and selecta ll and run the program and only one is converted.
You have to type in the wildcard.
so in the source box
path:\to\files\*.html
then in the next box
path:\to\text\files\*.txt

Keith S

kk.  thanks

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 7:28 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] HtmlAsText program question

> Yes, I have switched it to multiple files and then I go to the folder in which the files are in and selecta ll and run the program and only one is converted.

You have to type in the wildcard.
so in the source box
path:\to\files\*.html
then in the next box
path:\to\text\files\*.txt

jan howells <gale7978@...>

Is there a way on the Apex tr convert html files into text files? Also, I cannot use iMap on the Apex. Thank you.

Smiling?

By using what is called the wildcard by essentially copying the html command and changing it to *.txt instead.

C:\files\*.txt

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith S
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:44
To: tech talk for the blind <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] HtmlAsText program question

Hi, was told the program HtmlAsText would convert HTML files to text files, which it does, individually.

The following line is from the read-me file, and I cannot get the program to covert multiple files at once, (aka batch converting):

* You can convert multiple HTML files in the same folder at once, by

using wildcard. (e.g.:

c:\files\*.html)

Many thanks in advance.

Keith