Topics

I can't erase books from my Victor Reader Stream.

Carolyn Arnold

The subject says it. I took the card out and was able to
erase one. But there is this one that simply will not erase.

What can I do, please?

Curtis Delzer

make sure the tab on the card is not slid to the protected position. or, if the tab is missing you might be able to use tape, or copy the cards' contents to your computer and throw away that card.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 10/20/2020 3:53 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
The subject says it. I took the card out and was able to
erase one. But there is this one that simply will not erase.
What can I do, please?

Monte Single

Yes, I have had this problem several times.
Sometimes, the little slider on the s d card gets moved to the "up" position and the card becomes "write protected".
I have always been successful in moving the little slider to the down position.

make sure the tab on the card is not slid to the protected position. or, if the tab is missing you might be able to use tape, or copy the cards'
contents to your computer and throw away that card.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 10/20/2020 3:53 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
The subject says it. I took the card out and was able to erase one.
But there is this one that simply will not erase.

What can I do, please?

Carolyn Arnold

This is the same card I've had for two years, and I have 150 books on it. So, I might have to do something like that.

make sure the tab on the card is not slid to the protected position. or, if the tab is missing you might be able to use tape, or copy the cards'
contents to your computer and throw away that card.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 10/20/2020 3:53 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
The subject says it. I took the card out and was able to erase one.
But there is this one that simply will not erase.

What can I do, please?

Carolyn Arnold

I'll check the slider. I don't know how it could have happened, but a good thing to check.

Yes, I have had this problem several times.
Sometimes, the little slider on the s d card gets moved to the "up" position and the card becomes "write protected".
I have always been successful in moving the little slider to the down position.

make sure the tab on the card is not slid to the protected position. or, if the tab is missing you might be able to use tape, or copy the cards'
contents to your computer and throw away that card.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 10/20/2020 3:53 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
The subject says it. I took the card out and was able to erase one.
But there is this one that simply will not erase.

What can I do, please?

Monte Single

Hi Caroline,

The slider just gets bumped, usually when removing it from the stream; that's been my experience.

[...]

Gene

Do you get any sort of message such as a right protected announcement? I wonder if those cards can be set to be right protected or if that is a sign of a defective card as it is a sign of a defective thumb drive.

Or, if you get an access denied message, that may be solved by changing permission settings for the card, but I haven't learned muchof anything about permission settings.