Topics

I need a better way to record my show for the global voice.

Jim Rawls

Hi all,

When I record my show for the global voice, I use virtual recorder for my recorder. You Get three ways to use the recorder. You can, use it for all microphone, or, all music, which means music etc. the third choice is called, "both." The trouble is, "Both," doesn't work.  If it did, I wouldn't be complaining.

Here is how I record my show.

I choose my music, and assign a number to each song.

Second, I record my voice breaks, which are in another folder.

I can't do voice breaks and music at one setting, because you have to keep changing my settings   in virtual recorder to either microphone, or music. All I want is a program that will allow me to use my voice break, mute the microphone, play my music, go back to my voice break etc. in another words, I want to record this show as a live show.

Is there any program that will allow me to do this? and I apologize for the long email. Jim

Gene

I don't know but if you get an external sound card that supports what you hear, you can do what you want. I don't know if other people have the same problem you have with the program but people on the list may recommend USB sound cardss you may want to use.

[...]

aad leeflang

hello jim
i used to use virtual recorder in the past and recorded my shows with it
and used a mixer.
i did not make voce breaks and presented my show with station playlist.
so maybe that;s what you could do.
anotther option is to use duckstream or the sam encoder, if you still
have one, to archive your show.
but sorry, i don't have experience with voice breaks.
aad

--
aad leeflang <aad@leeflang.dk>

Steve Matzura

Station Playlist is an expensive option, but no matter what you use, it seems that a mixer is a must, and that's less than half the cost of SP.

On 11/27/2020 4:06 AM, aad leeflang wrote:
[...]

Peter Mallard

Have you had a look at virtual DJ. it can record it's output direct to audio/video files. and has microphone input which works with audio ducking etc.

it also has the ability for direct broadcasting as well.

I Know a few blind people that use it for there radio shows, and for recording there mashups / Megamixes etc.

you can use the free home version, if you don't use a controller.

and on top of all that it is accessible if you use the accessibility tool found at www.virtualdjaccessibility.com

On 27/11/2020 13:11, Steve Matzura wrote:
[...]

Thanks for he thought about a mixer. I guess I'll start pricing hem. jim

[...]

You'll absolutely be able to get away with less than $75, especially with sales on.