Topics

I need a step by step guide to set up a play list in win amp please.

Jim Rawls

Hi all, I am running jaws 2020 and windows ten. Thanks. Jim

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  This is a very simple m3u file that you could put in the folder for which you want to create a playlist for.

Open up your notepad and use this as a template.

So say you have a folder called Songs, and the first song in there is "Memories" and the artist is Maroon5, you would write something like this, all relevant info separated by comma:

Songs,Maroon5,Memories.mp3

Then save it as a M3U file and put inside your Songs folder.  You could include other types of info as well such as album name, date of release and track number, but all this must be on one line and all the information must be comma separated.  Once you've done editting, go to your Songs folder, enter on the M3U file and Winamp will play the songs as listed in your M3U file to the end.  Cheers!

On 27/8/2020 10:13 pm, Jim Rawls wrote:

Hi all, I am running jaws 2020 and windows ten. Thanks. Jim

Smiling?

Creating Playlists using Winamp

There are simple ways of creating playlist files (.M3U, .PLS, etc.) within Winamp alone (without having to install anything extra) and here are the directions below:

1. Open up Winamp.

2. Within the Winamp Playlist Editor tab we'll call it (Alt+E) which is where you have all of your chosen tracks. To choose individual tracks to add to this list, just highlight/select whatever tracks on your machine or other drives that you are wanting to add to the playlist, use your applications key (Shift+F10), but the Winamp Playlist Editor tab (Alt+E) does not actually need to be open for all of this to work.

3. Then press E for Enqueue in Winamp. Do this with whatever tracks, albums, folders that have anything you are wanting to add to the playlist that you are interested in creating.

4. When finished adding all you desire to add, go to the Winamp Playlist Editor tab like before (probably only needing to Control+Tab to it if focus is not already there) You can arrow up and down to check out what you've placed within the playlist use the keystroke Control+S to save the playlist you've put together. Name and save it wherever you prefer. It can be moved anywhere on the machine, it's just the files within this playlist you've put together can't be moved for them to continue to work with the playlist itself.

Hi all, I am running jaws 2020 and windows ten. Thanks. Jim