From: Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 1:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] if you were getting a new computer.

Hi all,

It looks like I can select what I want on the computer I am getting, so, I want your opinions.

What would you like on your computer? Since I am into music, and use music files for my global voice shows, I obviously want a good player, and, a good recorder to use. I want win amp as my primary player, and have been using virtual recorder, but I’m open to suggestions on any recorder you like. How much memory etc. would you like? any of these thoughts are appreciated. I am running jaws 2018, but will be running jaws 2021 on my new computer.[Jim

John Holcomb II

Do you forsee yourself  doing anything more then  broadcasting?

I’d go with two sound cards  for one  thing.

Is there a price you have to contend with?

How are you storing your music files?

John

It looks like I can select what I want on the computer I am getting, so, I want your opinions.

What would you like on your computer? Since I am into music, and use music files for my global voice shows, I obviously want a good player, and, a good recorder to use. I want win amp as my primary player, and have been using virtual recorder, but  I’m open to suggestions on any  recorder you like. How much memory etc. would you like?   any of these thoughts are appreciated. I am running jaws 2018, but will be running jaws 2021 on my  new computer.[Jim

lynn white

Whatever you do even if you have enough storage on the machine, have a backup external drive or two for your music.

On 4/15/2021 9:28 AM, John Holcomb II wrote:

Do you forsee yourself  doing anything more then  broadcasting?

I’d go with two sound cards  for one  thing.

Is there a price you have to contend with?

How are you storing your music files?

John

It looks like I can select what I want on the computer I am getting, so, I want your opinions.

What would you like on your computer? Since I am into music, and use music files for my global voice shows, I obviously want a good player, and, a good recorder to use. I want win amp as my primary player, and have been using virtual recorder, but  I’m open to suggestions on any  recorder you like. How much memory etc. would you like?   any of these thoughts are appreciated. I am running jaws 2018, but will be running jaws 2021 on my  new computer.[Jim

John Holcomb II

I’ve got even more questions.

Are you free to pick what you want just with the software? Ore are they  flexible with the processor, ram and storage options, too?

John

It looks like I can select what I want on the computer I am getting, so, I want your opinions.

What would you like on your computer? Since I am into music, and use music files for my global voice shows, I obviously want a good player, and, a good recorder to use. I want win amp as my primary player, and have been using virtual recorder, but  I’m open to suggestions on any  recorder you like. How much memory etc. would you like?   any of these thoughts are appreciated. I am running jaws 2018, but will be running jaws 2021 on my  new computer.[Jim

Jim Rawls

I’ll let you know.

Are you free to pick what you want just with the software? Ore are they  flexible with the processor, ram and storage options, too?

John

It looks like I can select what I want on the computer I am getting, so, I want your opinions.

What would you like on your computer? Since I am into music, and use music files for my global voice shows, I obviously want a good player, and, a good recorder to use. I want win amp as my primary player, and have been using virtual recorder, but  I’m open to suggestions on any  recorder you like. How much memory etc. would you like?   any of these thoughts are appreciated. I am running jaws 2018, but will be running jaws 2021 on my  new computer.[Jim

Jim Rawls

I will let you know as I find out.

It looks like I can select what I want on the computer I am getting, so, I want your opinions.

What would you like on your computer? Since I am into music, and use music files for my global voice shows, I obviously want a good player, and, a good recorder to use. I want win amp as my primary player, and have been using virtual recorder, but  I’m open to suggestions on any  recorder you like. How much memory etc. would you like?   any of these thoughts are appreciated. I am running jaws 2018, but will be running jaws 2021 on my  new computer.[Jim

enes sarıbaş

At a bare minimum, go for gigabit ethernet options, 8 gb of dual channel ram, an ssd of at least 512 gb, 1tb if you can aford it, even if you don't use 1tb the 1tb drive has a much higher write speed and endurance. A processor should be at least current gen 11th gen intel or fifth gen AMD r5, don't getv stuff like pentium/celeron/i3 processors.