From: Jerry hathaway
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2021 5:04 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] importing addressbook

I am trying to import my addressbook from my windows 7 computer using otlook express program which I was able to export the file. The problem is being able to import the file into my new computer which is a windows 10 computer using the Outlook program. I hope that someone can help me with this problem.

Jerry

Thomas N. Chan

The format like what Gene mention, must be in CSV format. else, outlook will not import.
Since its OE, so there's no other format beside CSV.
You just need to open Outlook, hit alt - f, then O and last I
It will open up the important export wizard
make sure you select import from a program or files and tab to next
then choose comma separated value
then follow the rest of the wizard and choose the CSV file.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 at 06:04, Jerry hathaway <jerry.hathaway2@...> wrote:
I am trying to import my addressbook from my windows 7 computer using otlook express program which I was able to export the file. The problem is being able to import the file into my new computer which is a windows 10 computer using the Outlook program. I hope that someone can help me with this problem.

Jerry

Mike B

Howdy,

Here's a note I saved, so here's how to export the Outlook Express address book as a CSV file.

From: Gene
To export the Outlook Express address book as a comma separated values
text file do the following:
Each step starts on a new line.
Open the address book with the command control shift b.
Open the file menu and down arrow to export.
Press enter.
You are in a list of format choices.
Down arrow to other address book and press enter.
A dialog will open and you are placed in a list.
Down arrow to text file comma separated values.
Press enter.
A new dialog opens and you are in an edit field. The edit field is
announced as save exported file as.  To keep things simple, type the
following:
c:\addressbook.csv
and press enter.
Look at the syntax character by character if you have punctuation off in
your screen-reader.
Another dialog comes up with a lot of choices for fields that will be
included or not included.  You may have to make changes but you probably
won't.  You may look at this part of the dialog if you wish.  Or you can
just press enter again to export the addressbook.

After you press enter, there will be a short pause, after which you will
receive a message that the export is complete.  You are on an ok button.
Activate it, then press escape a few times to close the dialogs.  The
addressbook is still opened and you will probably want to close it.

If you have questions about the part of the procedure where you can make
changes in the dialog to cause items to be exported or not exported, let
us know.
The file will now be on your c drive, directly on the drive, not in any
folder.  Move it wherever you wish.

Gene

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

You need to export the addressbook as a CSV file, not in the default Outlook
Express format.  Have you done that?  Aside from that, I don't use Outlook
so I can't tell you the import procedure, if you want to know that.