Improving copy and paste of information

Pablo Morales

Hello all,

I am using a computer where I need to be copying large amounts of content from one app to another app. For example from a text file to a Microsoft Word document, or from an Excel sheet to another excel sheet, or between different software. And, I am finding that the computer is taking a very long time to move the information from one app to another app or from one file to a different file.

I am running Windows 10, version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1387)

This computer has a Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

16 GB of Memory and 1 TB of SSD.

Is there anything that I can do to increase the copy and paste speed in this computer?

Thanks to all,

Pablo

Gene

We’ll see what others say.  I haven’t tried to correct this problem but I found some information you may find useful.  You may want to try one or more of these file copy utilities.  I haven’t used them.  I believe Tera Copy (spelling)
is accessible.  I believe I’ve seen this or that blind person discuss using it at some time.
This article also has a link to tips to speed up file copying.  I’m not saying they won’t work but I’m skeptical that most of them help in most cases.  They look like boiler plate to me.  But if there is any doubt about whether you are using the fastest USB ports on the system, that might be worth checking.

Those with more technical knowledge than I have may disagree but I’m skeptical that most of these tips, as I said, will help most people.

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2021 7:41 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Improving copy and paste of information

Hello all,

I am using a computer where I need to be copying large amounts of content from one app to another app. For example from a text file to a Microsoft Word document, or from an Excel sheet to another excel sheet, or between different software. And, I am finding that the computer is taking a very long time to move the information from one app to another app or from one file to a different file.

I am running Windows 10, version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1387)

This computer has a Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

16 GB of Memory and 1 TB of SSD.

Is there anything that I can do to increase the copy and paste speed in this computer?

Thanks to all,

Pablo

Gene

I forgot the link to the article about faster file copying utilities.

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2021 7:41 AM

Hello all,

I am using a computer where I need to be copying large amounts of content from one app to another app. For example from a text file to a Microsoft Word document, or from an Excel sheet to another excel sheet, or between different software. And, I am finding that the computer is taking a very long time to move the information from one app to another app or from one file to a different file.

I am running Windows 10, version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1387)

This computer has a Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

16 GB of Memory and 1 TB of SSD.

Is there anything that I can do to increase the copy and paste speed in this computer?

Thanks to all,

Pablo

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Pablo,

Your computer specs sound like they should handle the copy process without a problem, and I'm not having any copy / paste prolems myself, but when I copy / paste I only have the source file and the target file open.

Do you by any chance have multiple apps / screens / windows open when copying / pasting?  I don't know if this would slow down the process for sure, but if you have multiple windows open try the copy / paste task with just the source & target windows open to see if that makes a difference.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2021 7:41 AM

Hello all,

I am using a computer where I need to be copying large amounts of content from one app to another app. For example from a text file to a Microsoft Word document, or from an Excel sheet to another excel sheet, or between different software. And, I am finding that the computer is taking a very long time to move the information from one app to another app or from one file to a different file.

I am running Windows 10, version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1387)

This computer has a Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

16 GB of Memory and 1 TB of SSD.

Is there anything that I can do to increase the copy and paste speed in this computer?

Thanks to all,

Pablo

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi again Pablo,

You might consider joining this Windows 10 & 11 group.  There might be folks here that can provide more specific answers to Win10 & 11 questions.

To post to the group:

To subscribe:

To unsubscribe:

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2021 5:41 AM

Hello all,

I am using a computer where I need to be copying large amounts of content from one app to another app. For example from a text file to a Microsoft Word document, or from an Excel sheet to another excel sheet, or between different software. And, I am finding that the computer is taking a very long time to move the information from one app to another app or from one file to a different file.

I am running Windows 10, version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1387)

This computer has a Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

16 GB of Memory and 1 TB of SSD.

Is there anything that I can do to increase the copy and paste speed in this computer?

Thanks to all,

Pablo

Pablo Morales

Hi Gene,

I think that I wasn’t very clear on my email. I was talking about moving data like text or any kind of content inside a document. Like opening a text document or a word document and copying all the content pressing control + A  to then paste it on a excel file.

Take care,

Pablo

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2021 7:41 AM

Hello all,

I am using a computer where I need to be copying large amounts of content from one app to another app. For example from a text file to a Microsoft Word document, or from an Excel sheet to another excel sheet, or between different software. And, I am finding that the computer is taking a very long time to move the information from one app to another app or from one file to a different file.

I am running Windows 10, version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1387)

This computer has a Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

16 GB of Memory and 1 TB of SSD.

Is there anything that I can do to increase the copy and paste speed in this computer?

Thanks to all,

Pablo

Gene

I can’t comment on slowness when doing that.