Topics

In search of smartphone recommendations

Mary Smith

Hello listers, over the last little while I've been thinking about getting a very basic smartphone. I have decided that I'd like to learn how to use an Android device. Can anyone recommend particular Samsung phones?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Mary.

David Moore

Hi, Android is a wonderful choice. Samsung phones are very good, the a-10 e is a good cheap model that does a lot, also, Nokia is a great choice such as the Nokia 7. Also, 1 plus phones have a lot for the price. You can get any of these phones for under $300. I recommend those, they all have TalkBack already installed, and Samsung phones even have a screen reader of their own called voice assistant. You get to screen reader choices with Samsung. have a great one, and email me anytime if you have more questions. I have used Android phones for years, and I do almost everything you can do on a computer. Take care!

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020, 2:26 PM Mary Smith <ms0120@...> wrote:
Hello listers, over the last little while I've been thinking about
getting a very basic smartphone. I have decided that I'd like to learn
how to use an Android device. Can anyone recommend particular Samsung
phones?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Mary.

Abbie Taylor

David, do any of the Samsung or Nokia phones have buttons, or do they just have touch screens? I'm curious.

Monte Single

There was/is a samsund phone with buttons called the Folder 2.

It has buttons and I believe is a smart phone.

Do not mistake  this for the newer and really expensive wallet style phone which folds like a wallet, but has no buttons.