Info about Pen Friend

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

My Pen Friend finally bit the dust after years of almost daily use.  Now I can’t independently pick out my own clothes.  I sure miss that thing!

Anyone use the new Pen Friend, I think it is called the 3.

I would appreciate any information from users about how they like it or what doesn’t work.  It says it takes 3 to 6 weeks to come and you order from Maxi Aids.  Any other sellers of this product?  Either the price has gone up a lot or I surely don’t remember the cost being so high. Sounds like it comes from the UK.

This is one item I have gotten much use out of.  It makes me mad that I heard you can’t use the labels with the new one.

Help me make up my mind whether to order another Pen Friend.  Thanks much.  Marilyn

chris judge

Hi Marilyn.

Just a question. Do you use a smart phone? If so, you might want to consider the way around labelling system, much more versatile. If you want more info please ask.

Chris Judge

My Pen Friend finally bit the dust after years of almost daily use.  Now I can’t independently pick out my own clothes.  I sure miss that thing!

Anyone use the new Pen Friend, I think it is called the 3.

I would appreciate any information from users about how they like it or what doesn’t work.  It says it takes 3 to 6 weeks to come and you order from Maxi Aids.  Any other sellers of this product?  Either the price has gone up a lot or I surely don’t remember the cost being so high. Sounds like it comes from the UK.

This is one item I have gotten much use out of.  It makes me mad that I heard you can’t use the labels with the new one.

Help me make up my mind whether to order another Pen Friend.  Thanks much.  Marilyn

Marie Nelson

This is not Marilyn, but would appreciate info from a user of the Way Around system. How is it more versatile? Also, does it provide different labels such as the laundry labels which are fantastic for labeling clothing.
Thanks, Marie

Just a question. Do you use a smart phone? If so, you might want to consider the way around labelling system, much more versatile. If you want more info please ask.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

My Pen Friend finally bit the dust after years of almost daily use.  Now I can’t independently pick out my own clothes.  I sure miss that thing!

Anyone use the new Pen Friend, I think it is called the 3.

I would appreciate any information from users about how they like it or what doesn’t work.  It says it takes 3 to 6 weeks to come and you order from Maxi Aids.  Any other sellers of this product?  Either the price has gone up a lot or I surely don’t remember the cost being so high. Sounds like it comes from the UK.

This is one item I have gotten much use out of.  It makes me mad that I heard you can’t use the labels with the new one.

Help me make up my mind whether to order another Pen Friend.  Thanks much.  Marilyn

chris judge

Hi Marie:

Check out this you tube video. It explains how way around works. I use it all the time it’s fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCn7T2YC_BQ

Chris Judge

[...]

Thanks for the info. I just ordered the little sample pack to get one of each label.
I am assuming if the Way link scanner dies, a new one would read all the existing labels, which is the real advantage over the Pen Friend. My main problem with the Pen Friend is that they put out a new unit which will not read the labels created with the prior version of the device.
Marie

This is not Marilyn, but would appreciate info from a user of the Way Around system. How is it more versatile? Also, does it provide different labels such as the laundry labels which are fantastic for labeling clothing.

Thanks, Marie

Just a question. Do you use a smart phone? If so, you might want to consider the way around labelling system, much more versatile. If you want more info please ask.

Chris Judge

Image removed by sender. JAWS Certified, 2021

My Pen Friend finally bit the dust after years of almost daily use.  Now I can’t independently pick out my own clothes.  I sure miss that thing!

Anyone use the new Pen Friend, I think it is called the 3.

I would appreciate any information from users about how they like it or what doesn’t work.  It says it takes 3 to 6 weeks to come and you order from Maxi Aids.  Any other sellers of this product?  Either the price has gone up a lot or I surely don’t remember the cost being so high. Sounds like it comes from the UK.

This is one item I have gotten much use out of.  It makes me mad that I heard you can’t use the labels with the new one.

Help me make up my mind whether to order another Pen Friend.  Thanks much.  Marilyn

chris judge

Hi.

Yes, that’s what’s so good about the system. Also, if you have a spouse or partner, or other friend and family member, and they log in to your way around account they can read your tags as well. What phone are you using? If you are using a 7 or above you don’t need to buy the way link scanner.

Also, you should get more than one of each tag with the sample pack unless they’ve changed it. I got 25 tags with my sample pack of various types.

Chris Judge

[...]

I have an 11 pro and a 12 Mini, but if I go ahead with the system, the scanner would be quite convenient. What is the size of the scanner?

The pack I got is only one of each label and only $12.

[...]

HI. I have never used the way link scanner. The starter pack I purchased gave me several of each type of tag. They must have changed it.