Info about Pen Friend

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

My Pen Friend finally bit the dust after years of almost daily use.  Now I can’t independently pick out my own clothes.  I sure miss that thing!

Anyone use the new Pen Friend, I think it is called the 3. 

I would appreciate any information from users about how they like it or what doesn’t work.  It says it takes 3 to 6 weeks to come and you order from Maxi Aids.  Any other sellers of this product?  Either the price has gone up a lot or I surely don’t remember the cost being so high. Sounds like it comes from the UK.

This is one item I have gotten much use out of.  It makes me mad that I heard you can’t use the labels with the new one.

Help me make up my mind whether to order another Pen Friend.  Thanks much.  Marilyn   

chris judge

Hi Marilyn.

Just a question. Do you use a smart phone? If so, you might want to consider the way around labelling system, much more versatile. If you want more info please ask.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn and Don Bilderback
Sent: July 30, 2021 11:38 PM
To: TECHTALK <techtalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Info about Pen Friend

My Pen Friend finally bit the dust after years of almost daily use.  Now I can’t independently pick out my own clothes.  I sure miss that thing!

I would appreciate any information from users about how they like it or what doesn’t work.  It says it takes 3 to 6 weeks to come and you order from Maxi Aids.  Any other sellers of this product?  Either the price has gone up a lot or I surely don’t remember the cost being so high. Sounds like it comes from the UK.

This is one item I have gotten much use out of.  It makes me mad that I heard you can’t use the labels with the new one.

Help me make up my mind whether to order another Pen Friend.  Thanks much.  Marilyn   

Marie Nelson

This is not Marilyn, but would appreciate info from a user of the Way Around system. How is it more versatile? Also, does it provide different labels such as the laundry labels which are fantastic for labeling clothing.
Thanks, Marie

Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2021 1:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Info about Pen Friend

Hi Marilyn.

Just a question. Do you use a smart phone? If so, you might want to consider the way around labelling system, much more versatile. If you want more info please ask.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn and Don Bilderback

Help me make up my mind whether to order another Pen Friend.  Thanks much.  Marilyn  

chris judge

Hi Marie:

Check out this you tube video. It explains how way around works. I use it all the time it’s fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCn7T2YC_BQ

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie Nelson
Sent: July 31, 2021 4:23 PM

This is not Marilyn, but would appreciate info from a user of the Way Around system. How is it more versatile? Also, does it provide different labels such as the laundry labels which are fantastic for labeling clothing.

Thanks, Marie

Hi Marilyn.

Chris Judge

Help me make up my mind whether to order another Pen Friend.  Thanks much.  Marilyn  

Marie Nelson

Thanks for the info. I just ordered the little sample pack to get one of each label.
I am assuming if the Way link scanner dies, a new one would read all the existing labels, which is the real advantage over the Pen Friend. My main problem with the Pen Friend is that they put out a new unit which will not read the labels created with the prior version of the device.
Marie

Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 3:36 AM

Hi Marie:

Check out this you tube video. It explains how way around works. I use it all the time it’s fantastic.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie Nelson

Thanks, Marie

Hi Marilyn.

Chris Judge

Image removed by sender. JAWS Certified, 2021

chris judge

Hi.

Yes, that’s what’s so good about the system. Also, if you have a spouse or partner, or other friend and family member, and they log in to your way around account they can read your tags as well. What phone are you using? If you are using a 7 or above you don’t need to buy the way link scanner.

Also, you should get more than one of each tag with the sample pack unless they’ve changed it. I got 25 tags with my sample pack of various types.

Chris Judge

Sent: August 1, 2021 12:11 PM

Thanks for the info. I just ordered the little sample pack to get one of each label.

I am assuming if the Way link scanner dies, a new one would read all the existing labels, which is the real advantage over the Pen Friend. My main problem with the Pen Friend is that they put out a new unit which will not read the labels created with the prior version of the device.

Marie

Hi Marie:

Chris Judge

Thanks, Marie

Hi Marilyn.

Chris Judge

Marie Nelson

I have an 11 pro and a 12 Mini, but if I go ahead with the system, the scanner would be quite convenient. What is the size of the scanner?

The pack I got is only one of each label and only $12.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 2:04 AM

Hi.

Yes, that’s what’s so good about the system. Also, if you have a spouse or partner, or other friend and family member, and they log in to your way around account they can read your tags as well. What phone are you using? If you are using a 7 or above you don’t need to buy the way link scanner.

Also, you should get more than one of each tag with the sample pack unless they’ve changed it. I got 25 tags with my sample pack of various types.

Chris Judge

Marie

Hi Marie:

Chris Judge

Thanks, Marie

Hi Marilyn.

Chris Judge

chris judge

HI. I have never used the way link scanner. The starter pack I purchased gave me several of each type of tag. They must have changed it.

Sent: August 2, 2021 11:30 AM

I have an 11 pro and a 12 Mini, but if I go ahead with the system, the scanner would be quite convenient. What is the size of the scanner?

The pack I got is only one of each label and only $12.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 2:04 AM

Hi.

Chris Judge

Marie

Hi Marie:

Chris Judge

Thanks, Marie

Hi Marilyn.

Chris Judge