From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kay Malmquist
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 10:40 PM
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] info on the Zoom F 6

I think there has been talk on the Zoom F6 multi track recorder, but as usual I was not interested at the time.  Apparently there was a demo done by someone on Flying Blind, or it was mentioned on Top Tech Tidbits.  Does anyone know where it was, or what I am talking about?  We Googled it and found some stuff but not the demo I am talking about.  Many thanks.   Any help is appreciated.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
— Lao Tzu

Gene

If you search for Zoom f6 multitrack recorder blind you will find a Jonathan Mosen presentation early in the results.
https://mosen.org/mosen-at-large-episode-35-gary-odonoghue-reviews-and-demonstrates-the-zoom-f6-multi-track-field-recorder-and-its-ios-app-from-a-blindness-perspective/
Part of searching is experimenting and learning when to restrict a search and how. Since you were uncertain of the source, I searched using the word blind.

Of course, you can search for specific sources if you wish and think you might find something but if you don't, broaden the search.

My point is to teach something about searching using an example which has come up. Most sighted people Google constantly. A lot of blind people, because they don't search regularly, are at a great information disadvantage. I'm trying to encourage experimentation to lessen the information disadvantage.

I think there has been talk on the Zoom F6 multi track recorder, but as usual I was not interested at the time. Apparently there was a demo done by someone on Flying Blind, or it was mentioned on Top Tech Tidbits. Does anyone know where it was, or what I am talking about? We Googled it and found some stuff but not the demo I am talking about. Many thanks. Any help is appreciated.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
— Lao Tzu

Kay Malmquist

Hey Andy,
Thanks for this.  There are a lot of good videos on YouTube as well, but everyone that I talk with says to listen to Him because of coming from the point of view of a blind person.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
— Lao Tzu

Hello, if you go to Mosen at large podcast Jonathan talked about it on two podcasts I don’t remember the numbers but it was a few weeks ago HTH.

I think there has been talk on the Zoom F6 multi track recorder, but as usual I was not interested at the time.  Apparently there was a demo done by someone on Flying Blind, or it was mentioned on Top Tech Tidbits.  Does anyone know where it was, or what I am talking about?  We Googled it and found some stuff but not the demo I am talking about.  Many thanks.   Any help is appreciated.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
— Lao Tzu

Kay Malmquist

Hi Gene,
I did search for
Zoom F 6 demo and came up with a lot of good hits. Adding blind would have
been a good idea. I use Google and YouTube all the time and love the
results I come up with.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
- Lao Tzu

I think there has been talk on the Zoom F6 multi track recorder, but as
usual I was not interested at the time. Apparently there was a demo done by
someone on Flying Blind, or it was mentioned on Top Tech Tidbits. Does
anyone know where it was, or what I am talking about? We Googled it and
found some stuff but not the demo I am talking about. Many thanks. Any
help is appreciated.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
- Lao Tzu

Gene

That's good. Experimenting with ways to define searches, making them more limited or broader depending on results is very helpful. though I can often get the results I want with one search, at times I do two or three.