From: "Aidan" <aidan.gamble0@...
To: "main@TechTalk.groups.io" <main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 14:31:35 +0200
Subject: [TechTalk] information on screen readers

Hi gys, I just have a quick question do we have any screen reader in windows or for windows rather that will give a clear description of a photo or an image. Thanks so much.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Aidan

Okay thanks, I really wish I could describe pictures in full with Jaws or
NVDA or even supanova but maybe one day in thenear future

I think you have to download an app for that. I don't know what, though.

Hi gys, I just have a quick question do we have any screen reader in windows
or for windows rather that will give a clear description of a photo or an
image. Thanks so much.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

There is an app for smart devices called Seeing AI that will describe several things such as scene previews.

Aidan

Thanks so much I will give this a try

There is an app for smart devices called Seeing AI that will describe
several things such as scene previews.

Pamela Dominguez

That's for a smart phone, not a computer. Pam.

There is an app for smart devices called Seeing AI that will describe several things such as scene previews.

Marie

But you can point the camera in the phone toward the computer screen and it will read and/or describe many things on the screen. It is a fantastic app.
Marie

That's for a smart phone, not a computer. Pam.

There is an app for smart devices called Seeing AI that will describe
several things such as scene previews.

Mohamed

Narrator in Windows 10 actually has the ability to describe images, probably with the same service that powers Seeing AI. The version of Windows 10 that this capability was introduced in eludes me, however.

On 12/6/2018 10:52 AM, Aidan wrote:
Okay thanks, I really wish I could describe pictures in full with Jaws or
NVDA or even supanova but maybe one day in thenear future

I think you have to download an app for that. I don't know what, though.

Hi gys, I just have a quick question do we have any screen reader in windows
or for windows rather that will give a clear description of a photo or an
image. Thanks so much.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jack And Becky <jack@...>

Well that may  be but as a braille only user I have found that it does not present vital information in BRAILLE so is basically useless to those of  us who must utilize  that method.  That's the case with all of them I have tried! It just doesn't show you, what you need to know in BRAILLE!  Aira might work but I haven't felt like messing about with it yet!
Best

Jack and Bex
:-)

-----Original Message----- From: Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:41 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

That's for a smart phone, not a computer.  Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Ashley Breger via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2018 11:08 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io