Topics

Inserting Latency in NVDA Speech and Bluetooth Audio

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

This may come off as an odd request, but I do need it to simulate a
certain scenario. I would like to have NVDA's speech - with the same
voice settings and my same ESpeak-NG - be outputted but with a delay
of 150 ms. Latency is generally frowned upon, yes, but I would like to
artificially manufacture it at present. Is there some way of doing
this?

For context, I am aware that standard Bluetooth audio (sans low
latency audio codecs) typically have an associated latency of 150-250
ms. Since I do not have the required equipment to test that
practically, I want to emulate that latency with NVDA on my laptop
speakers so as to get a sense of how much a couple hundred
milliseconds of delay is likely to affect me in the real world.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah