installing a new sound card

DAVID GLOBE

Hello gang

The sound card that came with my computer, never worked propperly, so I baught another internal soundcard.  I tryed a couple of different external sound cards, but found them quite limmiting and they get in the way and get caught on other cords.  Now I just have to figure out how difficult it will be to install this new card.  Most of the people I spoke to in best buy, or in the sorce, didn't even know what a soundcard was, so I'm happy to have a new one in my possession.  I'd like to think I could just simply remove the old card and slide the new one in and have it work, but I'm sure it won't be quite that easy.

Can anyone offer some step by step directions on how to get this done?

David

Thomas N. Chan

Provided the board itself have the slot you would need like PCI or PCIE.
I don't know if your board comes with or just another addons card.

so, in simple, you just need to trial and hope for the best.

there might have screws which lock or hold onto the slot onto the case, or it might have clip ons or just click onto it. a few types, so you would need to look into it.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 07:55, DAVID GLOBE <dglobe@...> wrote:

Hello gang

The sound card that came with my computer, never worked propperly, so I baught another internal soundcard.  I tryed a couple of different external sound cards, but found them quite limmiting and they get in the way and get caught on other cords.  Now I just have to figure out how difficult it will be to install this new card.  Most of the people I spoke to in best buy, or in the sorce, didn't even know what a soundcard was, so I'm happy to have a new one in my possession.  I'd like to think I could just simply remove the old card and slide the new one in and have it work, but I'm sure it won't be quite that easy.

Can anyone offer some step by step directions on how to get this done?

David

chris judge

I haven’t done this in many years. It use to be simple, take the side off the computer, seat the new card in to one of the slots and you’re good to go. I’m guessing the card that came with your computer is onboard so you won’t be able to remove it. I can’t recall if the onboard card needs to be disabled in bios or not. Others might have had more recent experiences doing this.

Chris Judge