Topics

Installing a SSD drive. Accessible cloning software

Loy

I just purchased a SSD from Crucial. The software is not accessible. Also the drive I got was not recognized when connected with the SATA to USB cable. There is no phone support only an off-line contact form to submit. 
Hope I can get a refund. Has anyone had success in installing a SSD of another brand?------------------  How accessible was the software?

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not;
I will lead them in paths that they have not known:
I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight.
These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.Isaiah 42:16  

Geoff Eden

Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 6:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Installing a SSD drive. Accessible cloning software

I just purchased a SSD from Crucial. The software is not accessible. Also the drive I got was not recognized when connected with the SATA to USB cable. There is no phone support only an off-line contact form to submit. 
Hope I can get a refund. Has anyone had success in installing a SSD of another brand?------------------  How accessible was the software?

Smiling?

Either a bad SATA USB cable or you did not correctly attach the cable to the device.

Image for Windows:

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 15:17

Loy

I know the cable is attached properly, only one way to connect it. When I plug it in to USB port, I hear the ding like it recognizes it but doesn't show up in This PC. Software does not recognize it. Waiting to hear back from Crucial. They have no phone support. Won't buy from them again because of their support.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Installing a SSD drive. Accessible cloning software

Either a bad SATA USB cable or you did not correctly attach the cable to the device.

Image for Windows:

Smiling?

Why Your New Hard Drive Isn’t Showing Up in Windows (and How to Fix It):

https://www.howtogeek.com/268901/why-your-new-hard-drive-isnt-showing-up-in-windows-and-how-to-fix-it/

Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 7:05

I know the cable is attached properly, only one way to connect it. When I plug it in to USB port, I hear the ding like it recognizes it but doesn't show up in This PC. Software does not recognize it. Waiting to hear back from Crucial. They have no phone support. Won't buy from them again because of their support.

Image for Windows:

Geoff Eden

Not knowing exactly what hardware you have, if it is an external disk caddy, you may find it useful to rock the drive in his cradle to ensure all of the contacts make.

I have one five or six-year-old hard drive that just came out of my Dell desktop that does not mate with all of the contacts in my six or seven-year-old disc caddy. It does, fortunately, mate with all of the contacts in my wavlink caddy which I used to clone it to an SSD, which is now running my Dell.

This disc caddy clones the drive without the need for a connection to a computer. It reports readiness and progress with a series of LEDs, but after one reads the instructions carefully, one can time sequence the events, and be very patient, and get perfect cloning results.

Geoff

Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 10:05 AM

Image for Windows:

Frank Ventura

Did you look in disk management to check to see if it is detected there? You may have to assign it a drive letter and format any unallocated space.

Frank Ventura

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy via groups.io
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 10:05 AM

Image for Windows: