Topics

installing memory myself..?

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi There Folks!
A local friend of mine put this system together for me about 7 and a half years ago.  I have had the video card as well as the HD which is now a 1 TB upgraded.  The only thing that hasn't been updated is the memory. I presently have 4 GB which I believe is a bit low..? Although aside from being a bit laggy at times I have really not experienced any serious issues with it except for the sluggishness.  Question, if I was to get another 4 to 8 GB of ram, how easy would itbe for me to install it myself?? I know this is possible but was wondering how easy or feesable it would be for me to do this? BTW, this system is a somewhat modified Tiger Direct kit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Much THANKS and Have A Good 1!

Monte Single

Hi Jim,

Can you take the cover/case off the computer and locate the existing ram.

Make sure the system is turned off and unplugged before you do this.

If you can open the case and find the ram yourself,  then the chances are real good that you can install the new ram also.

Make sure the new ram is compatible with the old.

Good luck,

Monte