Instant Cart question

Loy

I am trying to do a grocery order with Kroger and Insta Cart. I would like to know what is a reasonable amount to tip. Are they paid by the store or do they strictly operate on tips?

Lisa Belville

Hi.� Normally the app sets the default tip to whatever it was you tipped the last time.� In the case of a first time order, though, I believe the default tip is 10% of your total.

They receive a flat rate from Instacart, but that could also include shopping for other customers while shopping for your order.� The store doesn't do any of the tipping or compensating.

Now days I start with a default tip of 15% and usually adjust it to 20% once my order is delivered.� I'll bump up the percentage if the shopper communicates well by telling me what items are available if my usual replacements aren't there, and then if they bag and deliver everything to me intact.� I also need to have things carried inside, so I take that into account, too if there are several bags or heavy items.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
On 11/13/2021 2:41 PM, Loy wrote:

I am trying to do a grocery order with Kroger and Insta Cart. I would like to know what is a reasonable amount to tip. Are they paid by the store or do they strictly operate on tips?

For InstaCart, there's a PITTANCE BASE PAY plus whatever tips you elect to
shell out. Personally, I choose to GIVE THE TIP directly to the delivery
person and I don't ever add it to my order.

That said, many InstaCart operators do MAKE QUITE A BIT OF PENNIES through
the side gig from tips!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado