Topics

introduction, and hey to all new members

Beth

Hello. My name is Beth. I live in Denver, Colorado. I have been an avid tech geek for as long as I can remember. Anyone remember Windows 95? When that thing came out, my dad bought the family our first computer, but JAWS was not so advanced. Laptops were bulky, and remember when the first one was invented? I cannot remember when the first laptop was invented, I think I was born at that time. But I do remember seeing in a blurb online that it had a tape deck, a floppy disc drive, a printer of all things. Imagine carrying that big old clunker around. lol But my tech geek history goes back, about to 95 for Windows and then some. But my real exposure to computers began with Apple and Echo. Remember?
Does anyone remember also some of the games from back then? Space invaders? Oh God, I can barely remember anything else.
Also, I had a whole history with JAWS and work related computing written in my blog. The URL of that blog is in the signature at the bottom. Also, all contacts are at the bottom. So yall are welcome to contact me with any questions.
My current tech consists of the Asus laptop I"m renting, Comcast accessible TV box, which has made me break the bank. Ugh. And I also use a BrailleNote when it is not flat. Ugh. I may have to wait a month to get that fixed unless I can pay with a Visa gift card. Also, I have a $209 cable/internet/phone bill. But Comcast can't get a triple promo going, so yeah I'm stuck paying big bucks for the stuff that people think is a luxury. Well, if yo looked at my building, you would be using tech to secure the door, so I have to in turn secure my apartment. What we do is you walk in the outer door, type in a code given to you by the resident and then the resident picks up his/her phone and then hits 9 and boom, you're in.
That's all the tech I use. I also have an Android phone, which qualifies as high tech as well.
Anyway, before I write the Great American Novel, I will close with a thank you Carlos for inviting me to this group. Yall can contact me on or off the group. Thanks.
Beth

--
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com for more information.

Carlos

Welcome Beth,
And definitely some good tech memories.

----- Original Message -----
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:21 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] introduction, and hey to all new members

Hello. My name is Beth. I live in Denver, Colorado. I have been an avid tech geek for as long as I can remember. Anyone remember Windows 95? When that thing came out, my dad bought the family our first computer, but JAWS was not so advanced. Laptops were bulky, and remember when the first one was invented? I cannot remember when the first laptop was invented, I think I was born at that time. But I do remember seeing in a blurb online that it had a tape deck, a floppy disc drive, a printer of all things. Imagine carrying that big old clunker around. lol But my tech geek history goes back, about to 95 for Windows and then some. But my real exposure to computers began with Apple and Echo. Remember?
Does anyone remember also some of the games from back then? Space invaders? Oh God, I can barely remember anything else.
Also, I had a whole history with JAWS and work related computing written in my blog. The URL of that blog is in the signature at the bottom. Also, all contacts are at the bottom. So yall are welcome to contact me with any questions.
My current tech consists of the Asus laptop I"m renting, Comcast accessible TV box, which has made me break the bank. Ugh. And I also use a BrailleNote when it is not flat. Ugh. I may have to wait a month to get that fixed unless I can pay with a Visa gift card. Also, I have a $209 cable/internet/phone bill. But Comcast can't get a triple promo going, so yeah I'm stuck paying big bucks for the stuff that people think is a luxury. Well, if yo looked at my building, you would be using tech to secure the door, so I have to in turn secure my apartment. What we do is you walk in the outer door, type in a code given to you by the resident and then the resident picks up his/her phone and then hits 9 and boom, you're in.
That's all the tech I use. I also have an Android phone, which qualifies as high tech as well.
Anyway, before I write the Great American Novel, I will close with a thank you Carlos for inviting me to this group. Yall can contact me on or off the group. Thanks.
Beth

--

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi Beth,
Just wondering, what's wrong with your BN?
PS. I started with an mpower running 7.5, I will never forget that thing. After that, I got an apex (which I still have) and I'm now on a braille sense u2. Although, I do want something mainstream. But then again, I don't regret note takers, they are the best thing to carry around in school. And they give full privacy, at all times.

To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Sunday, 30 August 2015 11:21 am

Hello. My name is Beth. I live in Denver, Colorado. I have been an avid
tech geek for as long as I can remember. Anyone remember Windows 95?
When that thing came out, my dad bought the family our first computer,
but JAWS was not so advanced. Laptops were bulky, and remember when the
first one was invented? I cannot remember when the first laptop was
invented, I think I was born at that time. But I do remember seeing in a
blurb online that it had a tape deck, a floppy disc drive, a printer of
all things. Imagine carrying that big old clunker around. lol But my
tech geek history goes back, about to 95 for Windows and then some. But
my real exposure to computers began with Apple and Echo. Remember?
Does anyone remember also some of the games from back then? Space
invaders? Oh God, I can barely remember anything else.
Also, I had a whole history with JAWS and work related computing written
in my blog. The URL of that blog is in the signature at the bottom.
Also, all contacts are at the bottom. So yall are welcome to contact me
with any questions.
My current tech consists of the Asus laptop Im renting, Comcast
accessible TV box, which has made me break the bank. Ugh. And I also use
a BrailleNote when it is not flat. Ugh. I may have to wait a month to
get that fixed unless I can pay with a Visa gift card. Also, I have a
$209 cable/internet/phone bill. But Comcast can't get a triple promo
going, so yeah I'm stuck paying big bucks for the stuff that people
think is a luxury. Well, if yo looked at my building, you would be using
tech to secure the door, so I have to in turn secure my apartment. What
we do is you walk in the outer door, type in a code given to you by the
resident and then the resident picks up his/her phone and then hits 9
and boom, you're in.
That's all the tech I use. I also have an Android phone, which qualifies
as high tech as well.
Anyway, before I write the Great American Novel, I will close with a
thank you Carlos for inviting me to this group. Yall can contact me on
or off the group. Thanks.
Beth

--

Sent from a Braille Sense

Gerald Levy

Forget Windows 95. I go all the way back to the days of COBOL and IBM mainframes. I used to be a COBOL programmer back in the old days when load modules were stored on punch cards. As a teenager, I remember being dazzled at the IBM pavillion at the 1964 New York World's Fair by demonstrations of the company's brand new System 360 mainframe, which along with its successor, the System 370, would go on to dominate the business computer market for many years. My very first job in the early 1970's involved programming "mini" computers made by the giant Dutch conglomerate, Philips Electronics, which was more well-known for its Norelco electric shavers. This so-called "mini" computer was the size of an upright piano and had a whopping storage capacity of 4K. An optional harddrive was available with a capacity of 32K. It was the size of a small refridgerator and broke down frequently, keeping the company's repair technicians constantly on call to appease irate customers. By the mid-1970's,Philips and its ilk had dropped out of the computer business and left it to the likes of IBMHoneywell, Burroughs and Sperry Univac. We sure have come a long way in 40 years.

Gerald

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:24 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] introduction, and hey to all new members

Welcome Beth,

Beth

--

Beth

Well, the BN charger wire is twisted and broken, and the battery is now flat and unusable. So yeah. I need another charger. So yeah.
Beth

On 8/30/2015 4:34 AM, rajmund wrote:
Hi Beth,
PS. I started with an mpower running 7.5, I will never forget that thing. After that, I got an apex (which I still have) and I'm now on a braille sense u2. Although, I do want something mainstream. But then again, I don't regret note takers, they are the best thing to carry around in school. And they give full privacy, at all times.

with any questions.
My current tech consists of the Asus laptop I“m renting, Comcast
and boom, you're in.
as high tech as well.
Beth

--

Beth

I have been a fan of computers but I thought Philips was also famous for trying to monopolize what would become the MP3 revolution. For more, read How Music Got Free, a book on music piracy. Different subjects for different threads.
BEth

On 8/30/2015 4:54 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

Forget Windows 95. I go all the way back to the days of COBOL and IBM mainframes. I used to be a COBOL programmer back in the old days when load modules were stored on punch cards. As a teenager, I remember being dazzled at the IBM pavillion at the 1964 New York World's Fair by demonstrations of the company's brand new System 360 mainframe, which along with its successor, the System 370, would go on to dominate the business computer market for many years. My very first job in the early 1970's involved programming "mini" computers made by the giant Dutch conglomerate, Philips Electronics, which was more well-known for its Norelco electric shavers. This so-called "mini" computer was the size of an upright piano and had a whopping storage capacity of 4K. An optional harddrive was available with a capacity of 32K. It was the size of a small refridgerator and broke down frequently, keeping the company's repair technicians constantly on call to appease irate customers. By the mid-1970's,Philips and its ilk had dropped out of the computer business and left it to the likes of IBMHoneywell, Burroughs and Sperry Univac. We sure have come a long way in 40 years.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Carlos

Welcome Beth,
----- Original Message ----- From: "Beth" <thebluesisloose@...>

Beth

--

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi,
oh, charger. I'm on the third one with the apex, and every time it fails, the district literally questions me how come it died, when they just got a new one. Well, if there's something I don't like, is the apex.

Date: Sunday, 30 August 2015 12:12 pm

Well, the BN charger wire is twisted and broken, and the battery is now
flat and unusable. So yeah. I need another charger. So yeah.
Beth

On 8/30/2015 4:34 AM, rajmund wrote:
Hi Beth,

with any questions.
My current tech consists of the Asus laptop Im renting, Comcast
and boom, you're in.
as high tech as well.
Beth

--

Carlos

Welcome Gerald,
While I am certainly aware of said technology, LOL I have to say that is definitely a bit before even my time.

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:54 AM

Gerald

Welcome Beth,

Beth

--

Carolyn Arnold

My husband knows all those way-back programs.

Best from,

Carolyn

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 9:30 AM

Welcome Gerald,
While I am certainly aware of said technology, LOL I have to say that is
definitely a bit before even my time.
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:54 AM

Forget Windows 95. I go all the way back to the days of COBOL and IBM
mainframes. I used to be a COBOL programmer back in the old days when
load modules were stored on punch cards. As a teenager, I remember
being dazzled at the IBM pavillion at the 1964 New York World's Fair
by demonstrations of the company's brand new System 360 mainframe,
which along with its successor, the System 370, would go on to
dominate the business computer market for many years. My very first
job in the early 1970's involved programming "mini" computers made by
the giant Dutch conglomerate, Philips Electronics, which was more
well-known for its Norelco electric shavers. This so-called "mini"
computer was the size of an upright piano and had a whopping storage
capacity of 4K. An optional harddrive was available with a capacity
of 32K. It was the size of a small refridgerator and broke down
frequently, keeping the company's repair technicians constantly on
call to appease irate customers. By the mid-1970's,Philips and its ilk
had dropped out of the computer business and left it to the likes of
IBMHoneywell, Burroughs and Sperry Univac. We sure have come a long way
in 40 years.

Gerald

Welcome Beth,

Hello. My name is Beth. I live in Denver, Colorado. I have been an
avid tech geek for as long as I can remember. Anyone remember Windows
95? When that thing came out, my dad bought the family our first
computer, but JAWS was not so advanced. Laptops were bulky, and
remember when the first one was invented? I cannot remember when the
first laptop was invented, I think I was born at that time. But I do
remember seeing in a blurb online that it had a tape deck, a floppy disc
drive, a printer of all things.
Imagine carrying that big old clunker around. lol But my tech geek
history goes back, about to 95 for Windows and then some. But my real
exposure to computers began with Apple and Echo. Remember?
Also, I had a whole history with JAWS and work related computing
written in my blog. The URL of that blog is in the signature at the
bottom. Also, all contacts are at the bottom. So yall are welcome to
contact me with any questions.
My current tech consists of the Asus laptop I"m renting, Comcast
accessible TV box, which has made me break the bank. Ugh. And I also
use a BrailleNote when it is not flat. Ugh. I may have to wait a
month to get that fixed unless I can pay with a Visa gift card. Also,
I have a $209 cable/internet/phone bill. But Comcast can't get a
triple promo going, so yeah I'm stuck paying big bucks for the stuff
that people think is a luxury. Well, if yo looked at my building, you
would be using tech to secure the door, so I have to in turn secure
my apartment. What we do is you walk in the outer door, type in a
code given to you by the resident and then the resident picks up
his/her phone and then hits 9 and boom, you're in.
That's all the tech I use. I also have an Android phone, which
qualifies as high tech as well.
thank you Carlos for inviting me to this group. Yall can contact me
on or off the group. Thanks.
Beth

--
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920 Or you can check out
www.denverqueen.com for more information.