Is there a level of education required to test-flight beta IOS software?

Sharon Hooley

Hi

Anytime we're invited to flight test beta software for accessibility, how much do we need to know about how to use Voiceover? I consider myself to be intermediately proficient, as I haven't practiced all of the gestures available. I do admit that I used Test Flight for an app without studying everything. I want to do better. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Thomas N. Chan

I have been using public beta on one of my test phone for a while.
Accessibility point of view, its quite ok.
but do take note, do not use on your usual normal phone which you need to make phone call or do things on. as its public beta, some apps might not work as well.
You need to download a few gb of the data usually for the first version.
like now I am on 14.7, but before I am on 14.6 I think, its about 3gb to download through your wifi network.
for best practices, i will recommend backup your data before doing that. else, you can't or might lose data like your apps or important thing. its always good practice to backup through itune or icloud.
i wish IOS allow people to download updates through your mobile data and not on wifi all the time.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 at 04:38, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
Hi

Anytime we're invited to flight test beta software for accessibility,  how much do we need to know about how to use Voiceover?  I consider myself to be intermediately proficient, as I haven't practiced all of the gestures available.  I do admit that I used Test Flight for an app without studying everything.  I want to do better.  Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

John Holcomb II

Hey Tom,

She is talking about using beta apps not doing a public beta.

If you are testing for accessibility then knowing how to use VO is good. I think you should be ok with intermediate level.