is there a way to lower the volume on the you tube player?

Jim Rawls

Hi all, when I listen to music from you tube, it is always way louder than I want. So is there a way to fix this? I am running windows ten and jaws 2021. Jim

Gene

One way is to go into forms mode or turn the virtuall pc cursor off and use down arrow to lower the volume.  Up arrow raises it.  Ask if you don’t know the command to turn off the virtual pc cursor. 

It may be much more convenient to hold the down arrow instead of repeatedly pressing it because, as I recall, the volume doesn’t change much with each press.  Of course, you can make fine adjustments in the volume with individual presses.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 2:08 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] is there a way to lower the volume on the you tube player?

Hi all, when I listen to music from you tube, it is always way louder than I want. So is there a way to fix this? I am running windows ten and jaws 2021. Jim

Kimsan

Press jaws key z to turn off the virtual curser, tab to the slider for the volume and use your up and down arrow keys to adjust the volume.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 1:20 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] is there a way to lower the volume on the you tube player?

One way is to go into forms mode or turn the virtuall pc cursor off and use down arrow to lower the volume.  Up arrow raises it.  Ask if you don’t know the command to turn off the virtual pc cursor. 

It may be much more convenient to hold the down arrow instead of repeatedly pressing it because, as I recall, the volume doesn’t change much with each press.  Of course, you can make fine adjustments in the volume with individual presses.

Gene

Gene

I had thought the commands would work anywhere on the page.  You don’t have to be on the slider, but you do need to be in the player.  I tried the commands while on different buttons such as pause.  I’m pointing this out because if you are on a button like pause, you won’t hear the screen-reader speak when you change the volume because it isn’t on the slider, which you are changing and because it will require a little less tabbing. 

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] is there a way to lower the volume on the you tube player?

Press jaws key z to turn off the virtual curser, tab to the slider for the volume and use your up and down arrow keys to adjust the volume.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 1:20 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Gene