is there a way to turn Spodify podcast links into RSS

joanne

While most podcasts are available on several platforms such as Apple and RSS subscribing, some podcasts on Spodify show no other options than using just Spodify. Using latest versions--2020 and sometimes 2021--of Jaws, I wonder how accessible this program is and I think you have to pay for Spodify. I don't know if you can actually subscribe and they download to your computer when there's a new program, or if you have to keep going to Spodify and seeing if anything new is out. The big question is, is there any way at all of finding an RSS feed imbedded somewhere in Spodify? Or is there a podcast program that will convert from Spodify's links to RSS links? I'd like to have options, and it bothers me that I could miss out on good podcasts because they're either not accessible or too costly.

Thanks.

Vicki W

Hi,

I've been looking into this for the last month since so many of their podcasts are going exclusively to Spotify. No, there isn't a way to grab the feed if it's exclusive to Spotify.

You can't download them to your computer, even with a paid account, but you might be able to do it on the phone, although the format may not be usable on any other device.

It's really annoying.

If you e-mail me off-list with the names of the podcasts you are interested in, I may be getting the same ones.

Vicki

While most podcasts are available on several platforms such as Apple and RSS subscribing, some podcasts on Spodify show no other options than using just Spodify. Using latest versions--2020 and sometimes 2021--of Jaws, I wonder how accessible this program is and I think you have to pay for Spodify. I don't know if you can actually subscribe and they download to your computer when there's a new program, or if you have to keep going to Spodify and seeing if anything new is out. The big question is, is there any way at all of finding an RSS feed imbedded somewhere in Spodify? Or is there a podcast program that will convert from Spodify's links to RSS links? I'd like to have options, and it bothers me that I could miss out on good podcasts because they're either not accessible or too costly.

Thanks.

Hope Williamson

Yeah, see if you can find the Apple podcasts URL, then run them through this site:

https://getrssfeed.com/

On 7/20/2021 4:56 PM, joanne wrote:
[...]

Apple podcasts will no longer work after august 2.

[...]

Maybe I should clarify that Spotify, if it lists its podcasts as exclusive, will not allow a feed to show anywhere. Parcast podcasts is an example of this. As of August 2, you can't get these podcasts anywhere other than Spotify.

Vicki

[...]

Gene

Yesterday, there was a question about conditions for listening to Spotify podcasts.  It’s the same as other content on Spotify.  If you have a free account, you can listen.  I haven’t checked, but I would think that you will hear advertising unless you have a paid account.  But if you use Spotify as a free user, you can listen.

[...]

chris judge

Which is annoying me to no end. I’m subscribed to many parcast feeds and listen to them on apple tv. Does anyone know if the spotify app for IOS has an apple tv version, and if so, is it accessible?

Thanks.

[...]

Listening, you can do, but download you cannot, not even with a paid account, at least on the computer and I believe the format you can download on the phone only works on the phone.

[...]

And you can't subscribe, is that correct? With RSS feeds you can subscribe and when there's a new episode it'll download into your podcatcher. It really irritates me that Spodify won't give options such as Apple, RSS, etc.

[...]

John Holcomb II

Uh what, what do you mean they will no longer work ?

[...]

So now c companies like a apple music a and spotify are doing exclusive podcasts to only their app?

I know there is a subscription for apple podcast which I believe is coming or have  started.

John

[...]

You can purchase a membership for around $10.00 a month which gives you some options you don't have with the free edition, but subscribing from Spotify, even their free podcasts, no.

[...]

Sorry, Apple podcasts will not allow you to get any podcasts that are exclusive to Spotify such as the parcast podcasts. I'm not certain what others Spotify has purchased exclusive rights to. You will only be able to stream them through Spotify.

[...]

Nope, I don't see anything about Apple ending support for Podcasts anytime soon. They just redesigned it on the phone, actually. I'm also not sure what you mean by "no longer work." Is the podcast directory going away? I think that's highly unlikely.

On 7/21/2021 2:47 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:

[...]

If you can't subscribe as in follow the episodes so they download when a new one comes out, then it isn't really a podcast.

On 7/21/2021 3:28 PM, Vicki W wrote:
[...]

I don’t think that is correct.  While podcasts in general can be downloaded, as I recall, I’ve seen sites offering what they call podcasts that aren’t.  Whatever the original meaning, that appears to be an accepted use now.

Podcasts on Spotify  raises an interesting question.  I’m not aware of Spotify having a feature for speeding up speech.  I would think that for many podcast listeners, being able to speed  up speech may be important.  Many of those who listen to enough podcasts to amount to something might want to save time.

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:08 PM