is there a way to turn Spotify podcast links into RSS

John Holcomb II

And how about the option to take out the silent parts.

I’ve  tired that in RSSRadio on an iPhone and it sounds very u unnatural to me.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 8:15 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] is there a way to turn Spodify podcast links into RSS

I don’t think that is correct.  While podcasts in general can be downloaded, as I recall, I’ve seen sites offering what they call podcasts that aren’t.  Whatever the original meaning, that appears to be an accepted use now.

Podcasts on Spotify  raises an interesting question.  I’m not aware of Spotify having a feature for speeding up speech.  I would think that for many podcast listeners, being able to speed  up speech may be important.  Many of those who listen to enough podcasts to amount to something might want to save time.

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:08 PM

If you can't subscribe as in follow the episodes so they download when a new one comes out, then it isn't really a podcast.

On 7/21/2021 3:28 PM, Vicki W wrote:

You can purchase a membership for around $10.00 a month which gives you some options you don't have with the free edition, but subscribing from Spotify, even their free podcasts, no.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 11:06 AM

And you can't subscribe, is that correct? With RSS feeds you can subscribe and when there's a new episode it'll download into your podcatcher. It really irritates me that Spodify won't give options such as Apple, RSS, etc.

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 12:01 PM

Maybe I should clarify that Spotify, if it lists its podcasts as exclusive, will not allow a feed to show anywhere. Parcast podcasts is an example of this. As of August 2, you can't get these podcasts anywhere other than Spotify.

Vicki

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 1:26 AM

Yeah, see if you can find the Apple podcasts URL, then run them through this site:

https://getrssfeed.com/

On 7/20/2021 4:56 PM, joanne wrote:

While most podcasts are available on several platforms such as Apple and RSS subscribing, some podcasts on Spodify show no other options than using just Spodify. Using latest versions--2020 and sometimes 2021--of Jaws, I wonder how accessible this program is and I think you have to pay for Spodify. I don't know if you can actually subscribe and they download to your computer when there's a new program, or if you have to keep going to Spodify and seeing if anything new is out. The big question is, is there any way at all of finding an RSS feed imbedded somewhere in Spodify? Or is there a podcast program that will convert from Spodify's links to RSS links? I'd like to have options, and it bothers me that I could miss out on good podcasts because they're either not accessible or too costly.

Thanks.

Gene

That evidently indicates that information is being lost.  So the pauses aren’t just pauses.  Information, I don’t know how much, is being lost during them.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] is there a way to turn Spotify podcast links into RSS

I’ve  tired that in RSSRadio on an iPhone and it sounds very u unnatural to me.

John

I don’t think that is correct.  While podcasts in general can be downloaded, as I recall, I’ve seen sites offering what they call podcasts that aren’t.  Whatever the original meaning, that appears to be an accepted use now.

Podcasts on Spotify  raises an interesting question.  I’m not aware of Spotify having a feature for speeding up speech.  I would think that for many podcast listeners, being able to speed  up speech may be important.  Many of those who listen to enough podcasts to amount to something might want to save time.

Gene

If you can't subscribe as in follow the episodes so they download when a new one comes out, then it isn't really a podcast.

You can purchase a membership for around $10.00 a month which gives you some options you don't have with the free edition, but subscribing from Spotify, even their free podcasts, no.

And you can't subscribe, is that correct? With RSS feeds you can subscribe and when there's a new episode it'll download into your podcatcher. It really irritates me that Spodify won't give options such as Apple, RSS, etc.

Maybe I should clarify that Spotify, if it lists its podcasts as exclusive, will not allow a feed to show anywhere. Parcast podcasts is an example of this. As of August 2, you can't get these podcasts anywhere other than Spotify.

Vicki

Yeah, see if you can find the Apple podcasts URL, then run them through this site:

While most podcasts are available on several platforms such as Apple and RSS subscribing, some podcasts on Spodify show no other options than using just Spodify. Using latest versions--2020 and sometimes 2021--of Jaws, I wonder how accessible this program is and I think you have to pay for Spodify. I don't know if you can actually subscribe and they download to your computer when there's a new program, or if you have to keep going to Spodify and seeing if anything new is out. The big question is, is there any way at all of finding an RSS feed imbedded somewhere in Spodify? Or is there a podcast program that will convert from Spodify's links to RSS links? I'd like to have options, and it bothers me that I could miss out on good podcasts because they're either not accessible or too costly.

Thanks.

John Holcomb II

No… its not lost. Its not as if parts of words aren’t being said or ends of words are cut off.

But it sounds as if hmm. Like the person breathing never stops. Never stops talking. I can  hear the pauses like in cama’s, but anything past that. Yeah.

Its very odd sounding to me.

John

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 8:42 PM

That evidently indicates that information is being lost.  So the pauses aren’t just pauses.  Information, I don’t know how much, is being lost during them.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:22 PM

I’ve  tired that in RSSRadio on an iPhone and it sounds very u unnatural to me.

John

Gene

Vicki

Thanks.