Is this legitimate? Or, just an attempt to get me to click on one of their stupid links?

James Bentley

Account Update

Your Account Requires Validation

We are running security checks on our system and have blacklisted your email address.

After reviews, your account is eligible to continue using our services. To reinstate your account you need to confirm your email address as soon as possible

   Go to My Account

You need to do this soon, because blacklisted accounts are eventually disabled

Popular support topics

View bills online

Set up a mobile hotspot

Check upgrade eligibility and options

Allen West

I ignore emails like this. It doesn’t tell you who it’s from. That’s a clear indications that it is phishing.

We are running security checks on our system and have blacklisted your email address.

After reviews, your account is eligible to continue using our services. To reinstate your account you need to confirm your email address as soon as possible

   Go to My Account

You need to do this soon, because blacklisted accounts are eventually disabled

Popular support topics

View bills online

Set up a mobile hotspot

Check upgrade eligibility and options

Carolyn Arnold

I always delete anything like that, James. So far, I have
suffered no consequences for ignoring such posts.

to get me to click on one of their stupid links?

Account Update

Your Account Requires Validation

We are running security checks on our system and have
blacklisted your email address.

After reviews, your account is eligible to continue using
our services. To reinstate your account you need to confirm
your email address as soon as possible

Go to My Account

You need to do this soon, because blacklisted accounts are
eventually disabled

Popular support topics

View bills online

Set up a mobile hotspot

Check upgrade eligibility and options

James Bentley

Guess these slimy idiots will never give up.

Thanks,

James B

I always delete anything like that, James. So far, I have
suffered no consequences for ignoring such posts.

to get me to click on one of their stupid links?

Account Update

Your Account Requires Validation

We are running security checks on our system and have
blacklisted your email address.

After reviews, your account is eligible to continue using
our services. To reinstate your account you need to confirm
your email address as soon as possible

Go to My Account

You need to do this soon, because blacklisted accounts are
eventually disabled

Popular support topics

View bills online

Set up a mobile hotspot

Check upgrade eligibility and options

Holly

Scam!!

Michelle S

This is clearly a phishing attempt. Notice how the Email said you need to do this urgently, that should be one of the first clues that indicates they want you to take action right away probably to obtain your information.

On 2022-05-27 9:55 a.m., James Bentley wrote:
Account Update

Your Account Requires Validation

We are running security checks on our system and have blacklisted your email
address.

After reviews, your account is eligible to continue using our services. To
reinstate your account you need to confirm your email address as soon as
possible

Go to My Account

You need to do this soon, because blacklisted accounts are eventually
disabled

Popular support topics

View bills online

Set up a mobile hotspot

Check upgrade eligibility and options

Gene

This is just illogical nonsense intended to frighten people into giving personal information to criminals.

they aren't doing security checks.  No security check would require an account to be validated.  Either they have a problem they want to discuss with you or there is no reason to write you.  What does validated mean?  Its already your account and all the information is in the legitimate system.  There is no reason to ask for information again.

Also, the message says that your account can continue to be used.  If they already know that and have your information already, it makes no sense for anyone but a criminal to ask for a supposed validation.

Gene