ISO blind accessible vibrating alarm clock

Cristóbal

Hello list,

So I’ve been using a fitBit’s vibrating alarm feature as an alarm clock, but a few things… it doesn’t seem to be holding as good of a charge, the FitBit on its own isn’t accessible necessitating always having to use the iOS app and I’ll sometimes sleep through the alarm.

Maybe one day I’ll break down and buy an Apple watch for all its health features and the bonus vibrating alarm, but today’s not that day. Therefore… I’m in search of a vibrating alarm that you can stick in or under your pillow to wake you up. I know there are such alarms for the deaf and hard of hearing like this for example https://www.sonicalert.com/SBP100-Alarm-Clock

And while it seems like a pretty basic set up and more or less does what I want, it doesn’t look like I’d be able to independently set up the time or alarm by myself. My wife’s sighted so in theory she could do it for me, but all things being equal, this is something I’d prefer to do on my own.

Does anyone know of such a vibrating alarm that can be programmed by the blind?

Thanks,

Gerald Levy

Check out the ILA Vibrating Talking travel Alarm Clock, which sells on Independnent Living Aids for $20, which I own myself.  It is totally accessible and speaks all functions and has a vibrating alarmwhich can be operated by itself or in combination with one of the three alarm sounds.  It also  has a handy countdown timer and is small enough to fit in the chest pocket of a pajama top or under a pillow, and runs on two easily replaceable AAA batteries:

https://independentliving.com/ila-talking-vibrating-travel-alarm-clock/

Gerald

On 12/1/2022 10:53 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

[...]

Ah, thank you. I figured there had to be something out there.