Topics

Issue after updating to windows 20H2

Hello friends,

I am arvind from Malaysia, and i recently ran into a problem after updating to the 20H2 update.

As soon as the update completed, i noticed that my wi-fi was no longer working. The internet icon in the taskbar shows that there is a connection but on a further look, i get the notification that there is no connectivity.

To summarize, i had used the media creation tool to update to the 20H2 version, and have not found a solution to resolve the wifi not working issue, i tried resetting the connectivity via the command prompt, but to no avail,

So with my current standing, is there anything else i can do, because this is my second attempt with this update with the same resulting outcome,

Looking for a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much ,

Arvind

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Bharat

Hi,

I would recommend you try troubleshooting it on your own & in case you
still face a challenge, please connect with MS directly via the Be my
eyes app. Trust me, they are a life saver.

Thank you,

bharat.

On 12/15/20, Dr. arvind singh brar <arvindsinghbrar@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello friends,

I am arvind from Malaysia, and i recently ran into a problem after updating
to the 20H2 update.

As soon as the update completed, i noticed that my wi-fi was no longer
working. The internet icon in the taskbar shows that there is a connection
but on a further look, i get the notification that there is no
connectivity.

To summarize, i had used the media creation tool to update to the 20H2
version, and have not found a solution to resolve the wifi not working
issue, i tried resetting the connectivity via the command prompt, but to no
avail,

So with my current standing, is there anything else i can do, because this
is my second attempt with this update with the same resulting outcome,

Looking for a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you so
much ,

Arvind

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

You could go to your manufacturer’s website and see if they have an update for the driver for your WIFI. You could also go into device manager and see if you can reinstall the driver from there.

Juan Gonzalez

IT – DAX Analyst/IT Support Technician | Information Technology

Phone: 312 .666.1331 Ext. 3704

www.chicagolighthouse.org

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 5:57 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Issue after updating to windows 20H2

Hello friends,

I am arvind from Malaysia, and i recently ran into a problem after updating to the 20H2 update.

As soon as the update completed, i noticed that my wi-fi was no longer working. The internet icon in the taskbar shows that there is a connection but on a further look, i get the notification that there is no connectivity.

To summarize, i had used the media creation tool to update to the  20H2 version, and have not found a solution to resolve the wifi not working issue, i tried resetting the connectivity via the command prompt, but to no avail,

So with my current standing, is there anything else i can do, because this is my second attempt with this update with the same resulting outcome,

Looking for a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much ,

Arvind

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.