issue with Microsoft office365 and Microsoft word

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

Hi

I am trying to edit a document in microssoft word, whenever I go to the top of the document and type something it is put at the top but then when I hit arrow keys like down arrow it puts me all the way at the bottom. The cursor is jumping around in the latest word with both jaws and NVDA. Is this a Microsoft word bug? So to edit the document, I ended up having to finnish editing it using google docs then re-download it to the Microsoft word format.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

What happens if, after it jumps for the first time, you go back up to the top and try to down arrow again.  At this point, we don’t know if this is something that happens the first time you try to move or in general after you add text at the top. 

We don’t know if this happens to sighted people or just blind users.  Perhaps someone can ask a sighted person using your version of the program.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2022 3:00 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] issue with Microsoft office365 and Microsoft word

Hi

I am trying to edit a document in microssoft word, whenever I go to the top of the document and type something it is put at the top but then when I hit arrow keys like down arrow it puts me all the way at the bottom. The cursor is jumping around in the latest word with both jaws and NVDA. Is this a Microsoft word bug? So to edit the document, I ended up having to finnish editing it using google docs then re-download it to the Microsoft word format.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

if I go back to the top and down arrow sometimes it puts me on the next line, sometimes it jumps to the bottom of the document. I did a google search for this issue and apparently others are having this issue with recent versions of office365. It was ok though, I just opened the file in google docs, finnished editing it then re-saved as a microsoft office file from google docs itself. Jaws works very good with the google office on the web browser. 

Gene

Here is something you may or may not want to try.  Out of curiosity, it may or may not be useful, what happens if you write text at the top of the document, then use the pass next key through command and down arrow.  NVdA+f2.  What happens if you do this a number of times, then use read current line to see where you are.  Does taking NVDA out of the action stop the behavior?  While issuing this command before every down arrow in such a case is cumbersome, it may be useful.  I don't know if doing so is less work than what you did to work around the problem.

Gene

On 1/14/2022 8:11 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
if I go back to the top and down arrow sometimes it puts me on the next line, sometimes it jumps to the bottom of the document. I did a google search for this issue and apparently others are having this issue with recent versions of office365. It was ok though, I just opened the file in google docs, finnished editing it then re-saved as a microsoft office file from google docs itself. Jaws works very good with the google office on the web browser.