Jaws 2022

John Holcomb II

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

Loy

I have pasted a message below just sent out by FS about this. Please Note this portion of the message "

Customers purchasing Freedom Scientific Software at version 2022 or higher, will still be able to use their license on these older operating systems, however they will be instructed to download and use earlier software versions of JAWS, ZoomText or Fusion."

Original Source

Freedom Scientific Announces End of Installation on Windows 7, 8.x, and Windows Server prior to 2016

(Clearwater, FL - July 20, 2021)

Freedom Scientific today a nnounced changes starting with the 2022 software releases, coming in the Q4 of 2021. The 2022 versions of JAWS, ZoomText and Fusion will no longer be compatible with older versions of Windows and will therefore be blocked from installing. Support of these older Operating Systems has already been dropped by Microsoft over the past few years.

Customers purchasing Freedom Scientific Software at version 2022 or higher, will still be able to use their license on these older operating systems, however they will be instructed to download and use earlier software versions of JAWS, ZoomText or Fusion.

About Freedom Scientific

Freedom Scientific is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. Freedom Scientific is part of Vispero™. Vispero has its headquarters in the USA and the Netherlands, and offices in Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom. Through Vispero's multi-tier distribution, Freedom Scientific products are available in more than 70 countries worldwide.

Freedom Scientific® and its products are registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

Andy

it appears that JAWS 2022 will not support Win 7.
What I don't understand is that Win 7 users can update their license, but i don't know why they would want to unless they plan to upgrade to Win 10.

Andy

Andy

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

John Holcomb II

Looks like I’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 come October then.

Pretty similar a to Windows 7 I think though.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

John Holcomb II

I’ve got two more years of licenses  since I have a perpetual   license.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

Loy

If you don't ever plan to upgrade to Windows 10, then no need to upgrade.

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

Veronica Kirk

On my windows 7 machine I do just fine using JAWS 16.

[...]

·      Corporate Information

·      FSCast

·      Media Center

·      Trademark Information

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

William Vandervest

JAWS 21 works just fine on my windows 7 machine and on a laptop I reverted to windows xp.

William Vandervest

timelord09@...

Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

On my windows 7 machine I do just fine using JAWS 16.

Looks like I’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 come October then.

Pretty similar a to Windows 7 I think though.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

John Holcomb II

Uh how did you get Jaws 2021 to run on XP.

Since its not suppose to even install on that.

John

On my windows 7 machine I do just fine using JAWS 16.

Looks like I’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 come October then.

Pretty similar a to Windows 7 I think though.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

Mike B.

Yes, Jaws 15 was supposed to be the last compatible Jaws version for XP.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Uh how did you get Jaws 2021 to run on XP.

Since its not suppose to even install on that.

John

On my windows 7 machine I do just fine using JAWS 16.

Looks like I’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 come October then.

Pretty similar a to Windows 7 I think though.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

William Vandervest

I installed it and It worked

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Uh how did you get Jaws 2021 to run on XP.

Since its not suppose to even install on that.

John

On my windows 7 machine I do just fine using JAWS 16.

Looks like I’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 come October then.

Pretty similar a to Windows 7 I think though.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

William Vandervest

Btw my copy of window-eyes also still works fine in most circumstance’s, and it was discontinued years ago

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Uh how did you get Jaws 2021 to run on XP.

Since its not suppose to even install on that.

John

On my windows 7 machine I do just fine using JAWS 16.

Looks like I’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 come October then.

Pretty similar a to Windows 7 I think though.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

Mike B.

In all seriousness, how J2021 is working for you with XP has got to be some sort of magic.  I know many people running XP and noone can get any Jaws version beginning with Jaws16 or later to install.  Beginning with J16 they rewrote Jaws, I don't know the computer lingo for this, so it wouldn't work with any Windows OS prior to Vista.  All I can say is, that's great it's working for you and I sure wish I knew how it is.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Uh how did you get Jaws 2021 to run on XP.

Since its not suppose to even install on that.

John

On my windows 7 machine I do just fine using JAWS 16.

Looks like I’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 come October then.

Pretty similar a to Windows 7 I think though.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

Andy

Depending on your needs, JAWS 2021 will serve you well for a long time.  i still have a copy of Window Eyes on my PC and it still works.

Andy

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Uh how did you get Jaws 2021 to run on XP.

Since its not suppose to even install on that.

John

On my windows 7 machine I do just fine using JAWS 16.

Looks like I’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 come October then.

Pretty similar a to Windows 7 I think though.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

Josh Kennedy

also, will the Eloquence synthesizer still be in Jaws2022? Eloquence is one of my favorites and I hope freedom scientific will keep it around for a long time to come yet.

John Holcomb II

Yeah me too! I’m wanting to know ow that is at all possible.

John

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Uh how did you get Jaws 2021 to run on XP.

Since its not suppose to even install on that.

John

On my windows 7 machine I do just fine using JAWS 16.

Looks like I’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 come October then.

Pretty similar a to Windows 7 I think though.

John

I’ve not been to any of the convention, and know at times stuff is release from FS ahead of time before the public gets to know about it.

Like its private information isn’t it? So in that case I might not be aloud to know yet.

But, does anyone know if FS will continue to support Windows 7 in Jaws 2022?

Thanks,

John

chris judge

I have not heard anything to suggest that eloquence will be going away.

Chris Judge

also, will the Eloquence synthesizer still be in Jaws2022? Eloquence is one of my favorites and I hope freedom scientific will keep it around for a long time to come yet.

Gene

I don’t see why it wouldn’t.  Given the popularity of Eloquence and that there is nothing in upcoming Windows that changes to preclude  its working, I see no reason why FS would remove it.

Gene

-----Original Message-----From: Josh Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:51 AM

also, will the Eloquence synthesizer still be in Jaws2022? Eloquence is one of my favorites and I hope freedom scientific will keep it around for a long time to come yet.

chris judge

I think if they ever removed eloquence they’d have a mutiny on their hands. I think eloquence is still the most popular synth over all.

Chris Judge

Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:51 AM

also, will the Eloquence synthesizer still be in Jaws2022? Eloquence is one of my favorites and I hope freedom scientific will keep it around for a long time to come yet.

Josh Kennedy

I wonder if freedom scientific has to pay a license fee to someone in order to let everyone have and use Eloquence in jaws? If so its probably not much at all since the last time eloquence was updated was about 20 years ago. And there are also free versions of eloquence that are on the internet archive website and another free version of eloquence on IBM's public ftp site which supports more languages and features than the eloquence that comes with jaws.