jaws configuration to change but I'm unsure what it's called! lol

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Thomas N. Chan

There's a chance it might not be jaws issue.
if the tag is there, it will read by default
facebook is  taking away this function

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 15:08, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Ya know, one setting you can look to see if it's turned on or not is Smart help messages in your verboscity settings of the Settings Center.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2021 11:08 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] jaws configuration to change but I'm unsure what it's called! lol

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Gene

I don’t use JAWS but are you talking about Picture Smart?  It has a specific way to try to recognize messages from web pages.  But this appears to be different from the ability to do so provided by some sites.

Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2021 11:08 PM

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

You need to put a picture image file directly into the Picture Smart folder to get a description of a image file.
The file path is:
C:\ Users \ YourName \ Pictures \ PictureSmart

If it can be done differently I'm not aware of it.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2021 11:08 PM

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Gene

That isn’t correct.
This article appeared not long after the feature was introduced so comments about it not being in an advanced state yet may be no longer accurate.  But you can see from the description that images don’t have to be in a certain folder and that Internet images can be analyzed.

Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2021 11:08 PM

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Thank you for this information.  This is the first time I've heard of this way of using the PictureSmart feature and is good to know.  It hasn't even been explained like this in the what's new section when explaining what's new in the Jaws updates on the FS / Vispero website, that I've caught anyways.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2021 11:08 PM

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Well that just sucks haha.

I’ll just use it on my iPhone, then.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

There's a chance it might not be jaws issue.

if the tag is there, it will read by default

facebook is  taking away this function

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 15:08, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Bharat

If this functionality goes away, it would be removed from all devices
& allOSs. I believe, it is a Facebook function & not an OS one.

Kimsansong@icloud.com

There's a chance it might not be jaws issue.

if the tag is there, it will read by default

facebook is taking away this function

https://about.fb.com/news/2021/11/update-on-use-of-face-recognition/

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 15:08, Kimsan via groups.io <http://groups.io>
<kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io <mailto:icloud.com@groups.io> > wrote:

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws
would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since
it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@icloud.com <mailto:Kimsansong@icloud.com>

Loy

If you are speaking of Picture Smart,when focused on an image, press the insert key, then space bar, then P, then Shift plus C then picture smart will read any text in the image. I use this for reading images of my mail in informed daily delivery, so I hope it is not going away.

Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2021 11:08 PM

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

So yeah, I can read it using my phone but with chrome and windows 10, nothing appears.

Kimsan Song
Kimsansong@icloud.com

There's a chance it might not be jaws issue.

if the tag is there, it will read by default

facebook is taking away this function

https://about.fb.com/news/2021/11/update-on-use-of-face-recognition/

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 15:08, Kimsan via groups.io <http://groups.io>
<kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io <mailto:icloud.com@groups.io> > wrote:

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past
jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it
on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@icloud.com <mailto:Kimsansong@icloud.com>

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I’ve never had to use picture smart on fb, jaws just read it.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2021 11:08 PM

Hi,

For example, on fb, if someone posts a meem, or a photo, in the past jaws would say photo, followed by blab la bla. Now it doesn’t say it on fb, since it’s the site I use most times.

Does anyone know the term I am talking about? I’m using jfw 22.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Gene

I don't recall the situation.  Did you just switch to a new computer or reinstall or install a new operating system? Are you using a newly installed browser?

You may have to open the context menu and tell the browser you want to be shown images.  I haven't done this enough to know what different browsers do.  I worked with one browser where I had to decide something about describing images one time or in general. But I'll let others discuss the question in detail.

Gene

On 11/27/2021 5:09 PM, Kimsan via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Yes, I have a new laptop. I reinstalled chrome, latest version.

Kimsan Song
Kimsansong@icloud.com