JAWS installation failes

Mert Anlar

Greetings;
My friend is trying to install the latest version of JAWS on his system useing the online installer, but the installation failes. and the error message says something like Freedom Scientific video display driver cannot be processed.
How can we find the standalone package of this component and install it manually, or, what can we try else to solve this issue?
note: He formatted his computer recently.
Any help would be appreciated.
Best Regards

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Have your friend download the installer and install it directly from their computer to see if that'll work better.  Here's the download link + what's new in this release.

Enhancements in JAWS 2022.2110.60 (November 2021)

list of 2 items
• An issue was discovered with the most recent November ninth update for Windows causing installation problems for many customers attempting to update
our software. Installing this latest update through Check for Updates, or downloading and installing the full version, resolves this issue.
• Resolved an issue where the Auto Migration from version 2021 or 2020 to 2022 was failing for many customers using non-English versions.
list end

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

My friend is trying to install the latest version of JAWS on his system
useing the online installer, but the installation failes. and the error
message says something like Freedom Scientific video display driver
cannot be processed.
How can we find the standalone package of this component and install it
manually, or, what can we try else to solve this issue?
note: He formatted his computer recently.
Any help would be appreciated.
Best Regards

Mert Anlar

Greetings;
yes, first he has tryed the installer that you have provided below but no success.
but the most interesting is, that the display driver doesn't even shown in the programs and features.
i'm actually looking for the standalone package of this driver, thus we can try installing it manually.
29.11.2021 20:07 tarihinde Mike B. yazdı:

[...]

Just a quick note, I don't show a display driver in Programs & Features either.

Here's a link to the off line installer:

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

My friend is trying to install the latest version of JAWS on his system
useing the online installer, but the installation failes. and the error
message says something like Freedom Scientific video display driver
cannot be processed.
How can we find the standalone package of this component and install it
manually, or, what can we try else to solve this issue?
note: He formatted his computer recently.
Any help would be appreciated.
Best Regards

Mert Anlar

No I was talking about the components of JAWS, they are usually listed in the programs and features, but in this case none of them are installed

after you sent the offline installer, we've downloaded it and tryed but the same strange error again. At the end he installed JAWS 18.0, and it was successful.

his OS is Windows 10 32-bit, maybe that's a conflict in X86 systems.

Thank you anyway, you've done your best to help.

Best regards