From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 6:35 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] jaws license and sma

Are you talking about scripts or user customization such as using frames?  JAWS is more user definable for those without knowledge of programming because of the ability to create frames.  Frames can be very important for making programs usable without having to have the delay and possible expense of having someone script for that program.

NVDA uses scripts but the general user, as in JAWS, doesn’t directly work with, change or develop them.

Each screen-reader has its advantages and does certain things better.NVDA will meet a lot of users’ needs but there are times when it is faster and more efficient to customize JAWS.

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 5:14 PM

JAWS has a lot  more scripting capabilities that’s for sure Holly.

John