jaws with windows10 mail

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

I tried using jaws with windows10 mail. Jaws 2021 or latest jaws. And jaws won’t read email messages. I have to turn on virtual pc cursor and jaws still won’t read. Will they fix this?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

heather albright

No,you have to use NVDA or narrator. I gave up using jaws with the windows mail app. Better yet switch to thunderbird if you can. Yes some of the key board strokes are different but, you will not have that annoying issue with the windows 10 mail app.  Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

I tried using jaws with windows10 mail. Jaws 2021 or latest jaws. And jaws won’t read email messages. I have to turn on virtual pc cursor and jaws still won’t read. Will they fix this?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

John Holcomb II

I have a different  a annoyed issues.

For me it reads things fine with Jaws, but it brings me too the navigation bar every time I hit escape to close a message after reading/replying to it.

John

No,you have to use NVDA or narrator. I gave up using jaws with the windows mail app. Better yet switch to thunderbird if you can. Yes some of the key board strokes are different but, you will not have that annoying issue with the windows 10 mail app.  Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

I tried using jaws with windows10 mail. Jaws 2021 or latest jaws. And jaws won’t read email messages. I have to turn on virtual pc cursor and jaws still won’t read. Will they fix this?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

John Holcomb II

What keyboard commands are different in thunderbird than mail for Windows 10?

Thanks,

John