Joseph: thanks for your help

Bill K <billmeister@...>

Hi Joseph,
I have a desktop from about 4 years ago, and I bet I need an updated driver, but how do I find out what my sound card is and what do I look for for an update to it?

Oh, thanks for telling me about your tutorial on win10, that will probably be helpful.
Many thanks,
Bill

Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi Bill and others,
Follow these steps:
1. Open Device Manager:
A. If using Windows versions prior to 8, press Windows+Pause to open System
properties.
B. If using Windows XP, go to Hardware tab and open Device Manager.
C. If using Windows Vista/7, select Change Settings, select Hardware tab and
open Device Manager.
D. If using Windows 8/8.1/10, press Windows+X to open Quick menu, then
select Device Manager.
2. Press TAB, then expand the treeview.
3. Locate Sound and expand it. The device listed in there is your sound card
(you may see multiple entries).

To update the driver, locate the sound card, open Context menu and select
Update driver. Tell Windows to search for drivers automatically, and you'll
get a message that you have the latest driver or Windows has updated the
driver (if latter, you need to restart your computer before using the
device).
Cheers,