From: Carolyn Arnold [mailto:4carolyna@...]
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 4:56 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: RE: [TechTalk] cortana

I am encouraged to hear that about Cortana. I am working on one thing at a
time here with my new system. Right now, I am trying to master Outlook. I
have made some steps in that direction. Then I want to work on scanning and
ABBYY Fine Reader. Eventually, I do think I would get a lot of benefit from
Cortana.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: Smiling? <blind7@...>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Sunday, 30 August 2015 1:17 pm
Subject: RE: [TechTalk] Just replying

Hahaha, o my! Looks as if though you've finally over 6 or so years of
thinking about it (creating a tech list that is), stepped up and created
one, eh? And that lame comment was to Carlos. Glad to see this list up and
running. It'll have its this that's and the others, but which walks of life
actually don't?

After receiving a private message from one of the new owners with the
BlindTech list about me using the name Smiling? I was like hmmmm, let's see
how long this goes because didn't we all just go through that nonsense not
all that long ago? Blah blah.

Nevertheless, good times and thanks Carolyn for your comments on the other
list regarding the very name it is that I've used for significant amounts of
time now. Happy to place a smile upon whomever's face, 100% free, yet
absolutely priceless!

Hmmm, when I first set Cortana up, you just had to press a couple buttons
labeled next. You would have to look for something called Try Cortana. When
set up, she's awesome.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
<http://www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920>
Or you can check out www.denverqueen.com <http://www.denverqueen.com> for
more information.
On 8/30/2015 5:35 AM, Kimsan Song wrote:

Does anyone have notes or steps on how to set up Cortana for my
windows 10 box?

Thanks.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@... <mailto:kimsansong@...>

Sent from a Braille Sense

Carlos

Hello Smiling,
Thanks for subscribing. LOL what can I say? I'm a procrastinator. Hopefully we can make this a positive experience and keep it from becoming another disposable list.

[...]

At least here, you can feel free to use what ever name you like. I'm not going to nitpick over pointless details.

[...]

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Well, here's what I don't get. Sent from a brailleNote. That's not advertisement. If it is, this means, on the JAWS list, NVDA should never be mentioned. On the NVDA, jaws should never be mentioned. Its impossible. So how the earth is a single signature advertisement? And they were not even admins. Its just pointless. Same with names. Some people are worried of people knowing their real name. So what? Should they just unsubscribe? No. But rather, we can do something like: "Hello, Smiling?," Problem solved.

[...]

Smiling?

Smiles, aren't we all. Procrastinators I am referring to of course. As it
always does, time will tell. Thanks for the welcome along with the invite.

[...]

Christina Stolze

Carlos,
I think you have what it takes to make it a success and as you see you have
a big following because you know what you are doing and you know how to talk
to people and how to treat people. Keep up the good work and we all are here
to learn, teach and offer support to each other and I think that will help
it to be a success. We are like one big happy family that is why we might
not always agree with each other and we all have our own personalities and
opinions and that is all good. Sorry for rambling.

Christina -----Original Message-----

[...]

Hello Christina,
Thanks for the positive feedback and welcome to the list.